Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to take the Beagles out this morning (it was 4 degrees) the noses went out and that was all. the looks i got were priceless. they arent going out when it is that cold.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Nothing stops our two going into the garden. They race around the house but seem to love it. Minus 10 today.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
In comparison to other places in the country, it was a balmy 21 Fahrenheit (-6 Celsius) here when the dogs and I got up today. The dogs ate, went outside, did their business, turned right around and crawled back in bed. Even Bones, who has been known to want to frolic when the temperature is hovering around freezing, was not in the mood this morning.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well, Maggie was shivering outside last night so I decided to get her a new coat (her old one was way too big). As you can tell by the evil eye she is giving me, she hates the new one as much as the old one!

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry will only play in the cold for a few minutes, then he races in!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Miss Maggie, we should get Misty a coat like yours.
It was 8 degrees here this morning.
The boys wanted to go for their usual morning survey of the property, but Li'l Girl and Misty said, No, thanks!

Tomorrow, we're supposed to get above freezing for the first time in a couple of days. Very unusual temperatures for our neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think you look great in your new coat Maggie.

Unusual as it is here in Utah we have actually been having some decent weather. The nights get cold, but the days have been in the 40s. It may have even hit the 50s today as I opened several windows this afternoon for the fresh air. It felt great. I am sure we will have many more days this winter that are terribly cold, it just isn't our turn right now.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I thought only Charlie behaves like that. It is not that cold in California. Every morning, my husband calls it an act. Charlie would stick his nose out to the patio door, backed up and just sits there for a while. Testing water kinda of thing. Stick his nose out some more, then slowly put his front paws out. He would turn right back if he thinks it is too cold for him. So every morning I would leave the patio glass door open until he feels comfortable enough, or he must go pee.

·
Registered
650 Posts
None of mine seem to mind the cold here at all, even though it seldom gets below 30 degress f. It drives me nuts that my neighbors leave their dogs out in cold weather.

Originally Posted By: judymaggieWell, Maggie was shivering outside last night so I decided to get her a new coat (her old one was way too big). As you can tell by the evil eye she is giving me, she hates the new one as much as the old one!
Miss Maggie that is a very pretty coat!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have all of you beat. With the windcill, it was -50 degrees celcius here in winnipeg this past week. In the -35 range without the windchill. Needless to say, Monty stayed in alot last week!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, the beags are back in Oregon in that Willamette Valley. Almost never below freezing, but that doesn't prevent Natalie from dawdling in the winter.

Here, of course, it's 60 degrees F right now, midnight. Loving it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can we please swap? Its 40 degree's celsius here in australia today! I'm melting! My poor little puppies are both lay in the bath tub in cold water with some ice cubes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts