Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Daisy is getting on to her 10th year, she has developed some arthritis. She takes a little longer to get up from the floor, especially after a longish nap.

The odd thing is that she still manages to hop onto the couch, chair and chaise lounge. Sometimes I wonder if she just forgets that she's not a spring chicken anymore!

I now am giving her a glucosamine AND chondroitin combination tablet for dogs. Hope it will help her.

This is one thing that really makes me sad. I have arthritis, too, so I know how it feels! What surprises me is that she still does the freagle thing

Monica and Daisy

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Poor Daisy, yes we all get old. I also have arthritis and been having injections of glucosamine- works like magic. Hope Daisy can keep moving for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I know, it isn't easy watching our babies age. Sadie is 9 and they say she has arthrits. We have her on Glucosomine with chondroiton too. Also our vet give us a anti-inflammatory to give when needed. It does help. Sometimes she limps badly and we give her the Rimydly for a few days and she is better.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Li'l Girl must be 10 now, and she doesn't appear to be stiff, but she often comes up steps slowly. I have bursitis in a shoulder and hip, so I sympathize with Daisy.
Give her a tummy rub from me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
What kind of glucosamine and chondroitin do you all use. Is it from the vet or petco/petsmart?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought mine online from Miracle Products. It's called PetFlex. I checked all the ingredients and they are the same as for Osteo Biflex for humans. It's supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks to start noticing any effects.

Sure hope it works as well as they say!

Monica and Daisy:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts