Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you had this issue with your dogs, and would appreciate some advice as to how to deal with it. I don't know why she does this, but Holly REFUSES to potty when it is raining or when the ground is wet from rain. This poses a problem in the mornings when I want to make sure she goes before I go to work. The last thing I want to make her do is hold it until I come home in the afternoon. But she won't go! This has happened twice already. Also, now that winter is a few months away, I am anticipating the same issue with snow (it will probably be even worse!). What should I do? Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Sydney does the same. She will get to the door and when she sees that it's is or has rained, she starts backing up. I usually go out with her with a huge umbrella in the rain and she will go if she needs to go bad enough. You can forget pooping though, no way!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Neither Beagle likes to get wet in any shape or form.

If it is raining lightly or the ground is wet from a heavy rain, current Beagle resident Vincent Bradley, will allow me to put his leash on him and take him out in the front yard to go potty. I don't what the difference is in his mind, but he will go in the front yard on the leash, but won't even look out the sliding doors in the back.

If its a hard steady rain, he will potty on the front porch, on the leash, then right back inside.

Goofy Beagles :biglaugh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had to deal with that last night. Beasley will hesitate to go out in the rain, but when she sees me walk out, she usually follows. But if there is lightening and thunder (which there was last night), she will go running back to the house as fast as possible.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't get the Wonder Twins *INSIDE* when it is raining. I think the rain makes the yard smell better. We have had our first rain since June today and I bet those noses are about worn out by now.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Can't give any helpful advice... Chloe doesn't mind the rain and acting as if business is usual (thank god)..... Maybe (and this is going to be sleep depriving for you) you can get up earlier in the mornings and walk her for a longer period of time.... maybe that will persuade her :conf12:

·
Registered
211 Posts
For some reason Mizu hates hates the rain. A few weeks ago it rained for like 10 minutes and when it stopped I walked to the door with Mizu and as soon as I opened it he backed away. He refused to go out. I had to carry him down the steps to the grass to go potty. Then he pulled me back into the house. Also in the morning there are puddles of water from the sprinkers and Mizu never walks in it, he goes around the puddle.
I don't know what i'm gonna do when it starts to rain. I'll have to put my umbrella to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts