Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penne is a very cuddly little girl! Sometimes she cannot get enough love and just buries herself in my chest and arms! Then once she has me hooked, which doesn't take more than a nano-second, she turns over for that famous belly rub! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Is your beagle a cuddle monster?!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Summer? Cuddle? Absolutely. She lays on me constantly, unless my wife happens to be the flavor of the day.

Murphy cuddles on occasion, but not normally.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe cuddles depending on her mood. She can play and play, and a second later she'll be all over me. I think she is either a cat in disguise or a bi-polar beagle (play one second, softy the next).
But when I go to sleep, she'll be there in a heartbeat, stuck to me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bloom is definitely no cuddler.
Why would Ma'am waste her time with cuddling when she can do something exciting like playing with her little sister or chewing on our furniture /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would have to say that Maggie is a cuddler when she feels like it. Especially at night, when I'm super cold and I want her to come lay by me to keep me warm, and she's comfortable in her own bed, she looks at me like "you have got to be kidding me, no way!" but every morning I wake up to her all cuddled up to me. I have to agree with the rest, she has way too much stuff to do during the day to spend time with me! Hahaha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally Posted By: luv_my_mileyMiley is like Daisy. If there is absolutely nothing else for her to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh.gif then she'll cuddle.
Zoeys like Daisy and Miley only whens shes sleepy and shes bored with her toys.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Rosa is a cuddle monster. She will cuddle with me 24/7 if I let her...ok so she might stop to eat /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif but would go straight back to cuddling as soon as she's finished. She goes over the top with it though and I have to push her off and walk away because it feels like she is suffocating me.

Sherry likes to be stroked and petted but if I put my arms around her to cuddle she will pull away so I guess she doesn't like that then lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
Cecil is more of a cuddler than Brandy, although when Brandy cuddles, it's more affectionate. Cecil likes to lie on the sofa with eithe me or her dad in the mornings. Brandy will just sit next to either of us and then go lie on a pillow and look out. Brandy will let you put your arms around her, while Cecil doesn't like that. Both are kissers though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The boys are the big cuddlers, especially Boomer. He needs his mom time. Blaze wants attention on her terms.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The puppies have two states: 300 mph zooming around the house or fast asleep. Spock, having lived with us longer and slept in bed with us until a month or two after we got his sister, gets jealous of Bones, since she cuddles up to anyone who's on the couch, and sulks and goes to sleep on another piece of furniture. But he's very cuddly and will curl right up with you if he gets into the bedroom and you're in bed. Both dogs also like to curl up by feet if someone's in the computer room, mostly Spock (but occasionally Bones).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Unless she's getting into mischief or has something better to do, but at times all she wants is to be on my lap. She just got off our bed to curl up on my lap as I sat down on the computer. But at night, she'll snuggle up against us all night long. She's gotten into the habit of starting out the night under the blanket then she'll end up with her head on our pillow like a little person, it's pretty funny!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I've had both...but I do find that males are more cuddlers than females, females cuddle on their terms.
Of all the beags I've owned Tramp, was my best cuddler, if I parked myself anywhere he would zone in on me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif
Brando would have his morning cuddle and he'd be good for the whole day...funny these beags!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Funny you should say that Louise about Males being more cuddly than females because the top UK beagle breeder said this in an interview I saw her in recently. I thought she was just trying to sell an abundance of male dogs she had /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke is only a cuddler when he's sleepy. Then he will let you cuddle and love and kiss him. He does curl up against me to sleep each night, but he's not a lap dog at all and if he's awake and on the go, no cuddles allowed.

Cassie is my big cuddle girl. She will let me use her as a pillow and would cuddle 24/7 if I let her. She was the type of puppy that was perfectly content to spend hours on my lap being loved. Roscoe was always more like Duke and to this day, he likes petting and kisses, but no hugging.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn - Definitely! She loves to be cuddled up beside someone whenever she can.

Moosie - Sometimes, although he always gives the impression he would rather be off playing with his toy squirrels so it never lasts too long.

Booker - Definitely not - sometimes she will demand a massage, but if you try to cuddle her she makes grunting noises and pulls away.

All in all, after reading about yours too, our three sound just like typical beagle snowflakes!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel likes to be close but isn't a big cuddle fan. He likes to sleep with his back against my back or his head on my arm as a pillow. He doesn't shy away or object if I hold him but he isn't that affectionate except for the mandatory 30 seconds of licking he insists on doing each night when we go to sleep. I guess you’d have to say he tolerates me cuddling him but is very content to be nearby.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.