Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlee is one of the laziest dogs I've seen on dreary, rainy days. Today he slept in with me till about 10:30 am, then by 12:30 he had his head in my lap snoozing again. Took another nap at 2pm and has been cuddling with Hubby on and off all night. Kinda nice on days like this...we can be slugs together!

·
Registered
140 Posts
My dog is the complete opposite! Every time it rains, she turns in to a little terror! It is non-stop zooming, and face licking, and furniture chewing and all that good beagley stuff. I think it's because of all the pent-up energy from staying indoors all day.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yep, got a lazy beagle boy here. Actually, when I adopted Henry, I was prepared for a very intense dog considering his mix (beagle definitely with some german shepherd and maybe lab). I expected high energy, drive, and protectiveness. I was also hoping for high sociability and playfullness. FORTUNATELY, Henry is the exact opposite of 'intense'. He is loving, quiet, very respectful, and generally a pretty calm guy. He has his hyper moments and loves to play, but we are constantly astounded by how 'lazy' he is. We tease him unmercifully lol.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think the only thing that makes Winston a little more mellow on rainy or cloudy days is that no one else is out walking thier dogs either, so he doesn't notice the outside world as much.
Of course on Sunny days I could just close the blinds..........

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nope. I think he is more hyper b/c he usually doesn't get a walk.

Yesterday it was rainy, very windy and cold here. Ben was home alone all day (6 hours) and then didn't get a walk in the evening. We played fetch with him inside and my BF wrestled with him but it just isn't the same. Ben was restless most of last night.

I got up at 5:50 this morning to walk him for 40 mins b/c it wasn't raining.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie doesn't mind the rain but she does like to cuddle on the couch wrapped in a blanket on a cold day.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Coco is the same on rainy days as well as super hot days. Only difference is that he lays on the title flooring asleep instead of my bed with blankets

·
Registered
392 Posts
i've for sure noticed that snoopy is lazier on rainy days
she'll sleep till 10:30 any day (lucky me!!).. but when it rains..i'll come to work and she'll laze around till noon haha.
it's a dogs life

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes Buddy is a complete lazy ball on rainy days. We have had some bad weather the last 2 days here in NY and i really think they can sense it even before he gets up. Today he stayed in the bed until 10:30am. I had to go drag him out of the bed or he would of never woken up.

Last night we had torrential downpours and he had to go out. I opened the backdoor for him to go out and he saw the rain then looked up at me with the expression are you kidding me. I had to get dressed, get an umbrella and physically walk him out the door. That was the only way he would of went to the bathroom.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeh for Charlie I think it depends how cold it is with the rain.

If it's cold windy and rainy, he does not like to go outside and it lazy, cause that brings back bad memories for him I suppose when he was lost for almost 5 days.

If it's just rain , he likes it. unless it's gloomy too and snooozy he becomes, sunny days makes him lazy.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
No I get quite annoyed with Bazel he goes out expects to come straight back in , I relent after cleaning his paws, he will go out again, etc. Other times he will be out in the rain doing what ever he does he comes home saturated and looks all sad until I put the heater on for him. Spoilt he is

·
Registered
959 Posts
I AM LAZY ON RAINY DAYS!

But Cobi could sleep through them curled up under the blankets with me. Casie, nope, it's good diggin' weather, he's got work to do! Now to teach him to dig holes in rows so I can plant some tomatoe plants.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: cobismomI AM LAZY ON RAINY DAYS!

But Cobi could sleep through them curled up under the blankets with me. Casie, nope, it's good diggin' weather, he's got work to do! Now to teach him to dig holes in rows so I can plant some tomatoe plants.
hahaha! same here he dug up the tulips it would be nice he'd make new rows to plant new bulbs in.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Every day is a rainy day inside Vinny's head then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts