Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before bed, each of our pack gets a small treat. Last night we followed the usual routine, but somehow I got sidetracked and didn't give Li'l Girl her treat when the other 3 got theirs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

About 5 minutes later, I walked into the bedroom, and there sat my baby in the spot where she waits for her bedtime treat, drooling in anticipation. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Now that must qualify me for bad beagle mommy of, at least, the month. :redface:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Poor Lil' Girl.... I hope eventually she got her treat. Chloe hopes she had a good night sleep /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif .
I personally think she deserves 2 treats tonight.... :p

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Oh that poor baby! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I wonder what was going through her mind. I'll bet you felt just a little bit bad!

I makes me want to grab her up and hug her...poor thing!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Poor Lil Girl!! How sweet though that she just sat there in her special spot, waiting for her treat. She knew her mommy would remember her...eventually! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Our babes are really smart when it comes to food, aren't they? Miss Shiloh gets her Cushings meds at 6:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. (or thereabouts.) I bury the capsule in a spoonful of canned dog food, so for her the phrase "Time for your medicine" means "Time for a treat"! I swear she knows when it's 9:00 and comes to get me and follows me around till I give her the capsule. Then she settles down till it's time to go out for her last walk of the evening. When we come in she heads right for the treat jar and her bedtime snack! Then I say, "C'mon Shiloh time for nite-nite." And she comes right upstairs and lies down at the foot of the bed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Of course the trick is that I have to go to bed right away. If I get delayed coming to bed, or have to go back downstairs for something after we're already settled down, then she follows me downstairs and I have to go through her whole bedtime routine again! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Poor Li'l Girl. She was probably wondering why mommy forgot her but she knew that you'd come back.

We also have our night time ritual. Jersey gets her PPA every night before bed. After Mike takes her out she gets a little bit of peanut butter with her pill in it. She waits patiently every night for daddy to give her medicine to her. Of course, to her medicine is peanut butter. :hi:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts