Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts

Our Maggie as she started and evolved. The baby pictures were around 4 and 6 weeks at breeders. She is now 4 years. She is definitely a leash required dog if out of our yard or going somewhere. She doesn’t like care rides at all, gets very hyper. I’d say her ears grew some as she matured.
She is a stubborn and very independent girl. Sometimes her personality is almost cat like. There was a learning curve for us in learning to live with her, especially my wife. But over the years Maggie has grown more attached to my wife at times. She can be loving and standoffish. She is motherly to our dachshund that is a year younger.
Outside she is definitely a scent hound, nose to ground most of the time. Birds, squirrels, bugs, rabbits, opossums, snakes are all at risk in our yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
😆! Does she like to play in water? Do Beagles in general like to go swimming?
Xerxes doesn't like the water and is an awful swimmer, Neb enjoys wading more so but will go swimming for treats.

Reactions: Denver.harris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Our Maggie as she started and evolved. The baby pictures were around 4 and 6 weeks at breeders. She is now 4 years. She is definitely a leash required dog if out of our yard or going somewhere. She doesn’t like care rides at all, gets very hyper. I’d say her ears grew some as she matured.
She is a stubborn and very independent girl. Sometimes her personality is almost cat like. There was a learning curve for us in learning to live with her, especially my wife. But over the years Maggie has grown more attached to my wife at times. She can be loving and standoffish. She is motherly to our dachshund that is a year younger.
Outside she is definitely a scent hound, nose to ground most of the time. Birds, squirrels, bugs, rabbits, opossums, snakes are all at risk in our yard.

Such an adorable pup! And yes, her ears are huge and magnificent! I bet she could fly with them. Very cute. It’s amazing how quickly they grow. I can’t wait for my pup to come home. Her ears seem a little small, if you’ve noticed the images I’ve posted. I’m gearing up for the madness as home.

Does Maggie love to run?

·
Registered
974 Posts
:) The babies do anything for treats! I intend to take mine to the pool for some exercise. I hope she loves the water.
Have lots of treats and toys to chase!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Such an adorable pup! And yes, her ears are huge and magnificent! I bet she could fly with them. Very cute. It’s amazing how quickly they grow. I can’t wait for my pup to come home. Her ears seem a little small, if you’ve noticed the images I’ve posted. I’m gearing up for the madness as home.

Does Maggie love to run?
We have a landscaped “hill” in our backyard. She basically has a racetrack around it. So yes to running, she and the dachshund chase each other around and play tag. Plan on at least two years of havoc.

This book might be helpful for you.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Get tough toys since they easily rip up softly stuffed ones. Oh and by the way my dog ripped up 5 dog beds so i recommend a small hard plastic kiddie pool and throw in towels and toys. They cant chew that for a bed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We have a landscaped “hill” in our backyard. She basically has a racetrack around it. So yes to running, she and the dachshund chase each other around and play tag. Plan on at least two years of havoc.

This book might be helpful for you.

Thank you for the recommendation! Your dachshund looks like a real rowdy! Adorable pic of the two together.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Get tough toys since they easily rip up softly stuffed ones. Oh and by the way my dog ripped up 5 dog beds so i recommend a small hard plastic kiddie pool and throw in towels and toys. They cant chew that for a bed.
That makes a lot of sense. Noted! Thank you for the advise.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts