Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a short time when I was able to leave Jersey home alone. I would always leave the radio on for her when I left. I also used to video tape her, so that I knew how she was reacting when I was gone. I would leave the 80's station on and whenever a U2 song came on she would always relax. If she was barking she'd stop and go lay down. Which now makes me think, was that a learned reaction? I'm a big U2 fan and listen to their music a lot. I wonder if she picked up on the relaxing feelings I get listening to their music and learned to relax herself. Hmmmm....something I'll have to start paying more attention to.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry is a music lover for sure. He's very attentive when I put music on, and he usually chills with me. When I play my acoustic guitar, he's VERY alert and quietly curious, but really quickly calms down and gets sleepy! We joke that music soothes the savage beast! He's a pretty big American Idol fan, too.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Der, sorry! Henry likes the Allman Brothers' Band. Especially when I try to sound like Greg, lol. My dad and I like to pretend we can play their songs, lol.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well, does the Meaty Bone song count? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I always used to sing to the labs when they were younger, "What would you do for a Meaty Bone?" (sung to the tune of the Klondike Bar song from the commercials) They knew that meant a treat and they were ready to do tricks for it. Then it got to the point where I would whistle it and they'd come running.

Duke picked up on that really quickly, so now it only takes about 3 notes of the song for all 3 of our dogs to come running. LOL

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky seems to enjoy his dog music CD that I leave playing while I am at work. It relaxes him. I forgot who it is by. My favorite is the song about a squeaky toy and Lucky always looks around during that song looking for where the squeaky is! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Bagel reacts to hounds baying and wolves howling on the telly but never to a song except if you count the mean dog barking at the end of the Dred Zeppelin recording of Black Dog. Now his Border Collie playmate Rocky always howls to the theme song of CSI.

·
Registered
147 Posts
homer doesn't really react to music or tv except for one commercial-the one with the vaccuum cleaners and they make squeaky noises.he will come running from wherever he is and plop in front of the tv with his head turning looking all confused-hehe.i need to record that or save it from you tube for him....lol

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have a favourite soap I like to watch (Hollyoaks) and both of my babies know the theme tune and we all huddle round on the sofa and watch it together.

As soon as the music starts they jump on the sofa ready, then at the end when the music comes on again they jump off and head for the kitchen to get their "after Hollyoaks" treat :lol2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.