Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a black and white beagle, i cant find any photos that match what she looks like and was wondering what people think?
She is 14 weeks, the rest of the litter was tri coloured and lemon.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I honestly don't know, but she is very cute. I do know litters can have multiple fathers depending on how many males had access to the female while she was in heat.

She does look pure though, colouring aside.

Reactions: Hywelx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, i have a black and white beagle, i cant find any photos that match what she looks like and was wondering what people think?
She is 14 weeks, the rest of the litter was tri coloured and lemon.
View attachment 42303
View attachment 42306
She is just adorable! AKC (American Kennel Club) recognizes 25 colors of beagles. There are about 11 that are most common, black and white is not one of them, but it is an AKC recognized color with a registration number of 19. The most famous black and white beagle is Snoopy, Charlie Brown's cartoon character beagle. Genetics is very complex. She has black ticking also, which is also an AKC recognized marking. The UK Kennel Club, iwth slightly different standards, recognizes black and white as a standard color in their beagle populations. As Molly's Mom said, I see a lot of beagle there. The only true way to determine is to have a genetic test, at the cost of about $85 on average (some more, some less).

Did you see the parents? As Neb says, there can be multiple fathers if she came from unknown parentage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts