Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been waiting my whole life to get my beagle puppy. I wanted a purebred and now we have had her for about 6 weeks. A few people have told me they aren’t sure if she is a purebred...she has also been getting more and more spots on her belly, legs, and nose by the week. Not sure what that means...but just curious what you all think. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Oooooh myyyy gooodness! How cuute. Thats a beagle for sure. When my dog was a puppy then over time the spots start appearing... it's called "ticking". My dog is now 8 yrs old and you can see her spots clearly in this picture. Stay on the forum for lots of help. I survived puppyhood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooh myyyy gooodness! How cuute. Thats a beagle for sure. When my dog was a puppy then over time the spots start appearing... it's called "ticking". My dog is now 8 yrs old and you can see her spots clearly in this picture. Stay on the forum for lots of help. I survived puppyhood. View attachment 41677 View attachment 41678
Oooooh myyyy gooodness! How cuute. Thats a beagle for sure. When my dog was a puppy then over time the spots start appearing... it's called "ticking". My dog is now 8 yrs old and you can see her spots clearly in this picture. Stay on the forum for lots of help. I survived puppyhood. View attachment 41677 View attachment 41678
She is so cute. And I actually love the spots and hope she ends up having the same “ticking” pattern your dog has. So pretty. Thanks for responding :)

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Now be ready for puppy biting/nipping which is not aggression but needs to be curbed. Search past posts by putting in keywords luke:
Potty training
Biting
Clicker
Crate
Restricted area
Fencing
Etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now be ready for puppy biting/nipping which is not aggression but needs to be curbed. Search past posts by putting in keywords luke:
Potty training
Biting
Clicker
Crate
Restricted area
Fencing
Etc
She most definitely bites/nips quite a lot. Me and my fiancé are working on it and she’s getting better but when she’s super excited and playful there’s no stopping the biting. I’m doing as much research as I can on beagles and sometimes see mixed reviews. For instance I have seen many people say that you obviously need a fence (which I have a privacy fence) but others tell me that they let their beagle roam with no fence & leash. And many say beagles are very hard to train, and others say beagles aren’t difficult to train. So, Thank you for responding though. I will be sure to stay on the forums for as much help as possible with our sweet girl.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Beagles are absolutely NOT off leash dogs. You need a secure fenced area or your dog will follow its nose and run away and possibly get hurt or stolen. Hope youll get your dog microchiped soon, if not done yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beagles are absolutely NOT off leash dogs. You need a secure fenced area or your dog will follow its nose and run away and possibly get hurt or stolen. Hope youll get your dog microchiped soon, if not done yet.
Oh I know that. I’ve just seen reviews about that and I knew that wasn’t the case. I have a double lot yard with a 6ft privacy fence all around...and yes she is getting microchipped when she gets spayed. Vet said that would be the best time to do it since she will already be under

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Yes my dog got the chip when spayed. I have a large yard but decided to fence in a large area within it since cassie insisted on thrashing the plants and refusing to come out of the lavendar bushes that attract bees.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol. They are so curious. If you have any tips at all of your own, I’m open to hearing any. Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. They are so curious. If you have any tips at all of your own, I’m open to hearing any. Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
First of all, let me tell you, you have a wonderful beagle. And spots appearing out of nowhere on your beagle's body is perfectly normal. Your beagle seems pure to me, but just to be sure, consider going through this article of how to identify if your beagle is a pure breed or not. And all the best for the puppyhood. It's a weird thing, when your beagle is just a puppy you want him to be an adult and when he becomes more mature and an adult, you will miss the puppyhood.
Beagle puppies can be challenging sometimes but it will be a fun ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts