Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone, I took suzy q for a walk and my neighbor was walking her dog, a pit, she pet her suzy and she loved it but then her pit gave suzy a kiss! I thought that was cute, but suzy bit his cheek! If he was mean he could have tore her into pieces but thank god he wasnt. What to do?! Shes fine with humans but she puts our dobi (whos 95lbs) and our pit mix (70lbs) in check if they play too much.
I just got her a year ago, but this just started recently. Is 3 too old for socializing? Where to take her?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Was it a play bite or was it a attack bite? It makes a big difference.

As for socialization, contact your vet. They should have a list of classes available in your area. Have you done obedience training yet?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
This sounds like a serious situation. Please get advice from a dog training school and your vet. Dont give up on this, most behaviour problems can be corrected, but you do need expert advice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suzy and I went to our neighbors house and re-enacted the scenario that happened earlier. They had a little play date, and they started playing! Not to mention her owner is a doctor and :angel: I think I will schedule more of those.....but we are going to petsmart tomorrow and see what classes they have for socializing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts