Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You spend $150 on a dog that isn't even here yet to enjoy what you bought?? lol

I went out today and got a baby kong, afew stuff animals with squeakers, a create bed, a collar and a tag with the usual info incase she gets away. A 6 ft leash, a 26 ft Lease for exploring when she gets bigger. A rope for puppy, some treats, Stainless steel bowls and a bag of Dog food! lol

If you ever seen the baby kong it had a Beagle holding it like a pacifier! Of course i had to get that!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ralphey was "free", and came with a crate, leash and collar, dog bed, toys and 2 bags of his favorite food.

I still had to go out and spend a fortune /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Favorite treats, bed for the car, dog barrier for the car, a new reflective collar, ID tags, chewies..........

·
Registered
786 Posts
The one thing your missing is the toy box..... Yes I have an milk crate and this way they can pick from there toys to play with... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley has a toy box too - a black laundry basket /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif DOes help keep us organized.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My dogs are spoiled. Of course with 4 of them a little milk crate just won't work for us so we use an outdoor rubbermaid trash can for the majority of their toys, but we also have a smaller bucket that we keep the current toys they are playing with inside. The smaller bucket gets left sitting where they can tip it over and grab what they want. Now if only I could teach them to pick up all their toys when they are done. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You're in good company! I think we're all a little crazy when it comes to spoiling our dogs. Jersey started out with a small basket for her toys. Now, I've turned an old wine crate into her toy box. It's too small, it overflows with toys, and I still use the old basket too. Here are some pictures of Jersey's toy chest. I made it for Christmas.

Filled with the toys she got for Christmas.

The front and side...it's even got her name on it.

The back.

I've since found some balls to use for feet for it so it doesn't have to sit right on the ground. When my friends at work saw these pictures, they were convinced I'd finally lost it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:doh: I knew i forgot something! lol

But i do know the perfect thing for her, as a buddy of mine had one too and it worked for them. a low height wicker basket so she don't have to turn the basket over to get the toy!

I was going to get a Hunting Orange Collar for her, but they didn't have any in puppy size!?!?

I settled for a Bright Red collar with her tag on it, she is going to be a Texas Tech fan cause her tag has Texas Tech on it! lol

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Of course you will definitely need a toy box! Lucky's toy box is a big laundry basket. It is still overflowing with toys. Maybe I do not need to buy him anymore toys! Like that will ever happen, haha! :lol2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's awesome Jen - Jersey is one pampered Beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :lol2:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I love Jersey's toy box. Jen that is so awesome that you did that for your baby and the christmas toys were amazing. Maybe my babies aren't quite as spoiled as Jersey afterall. :lol2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's so Great! I completely concure with everyone! I love to spoil Molly, I can't resist getting her treats or toys when I'm out shopping!Jen I Love Jersey's box! :biglaugh:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I still don't have a toy box for Chloe's stuff, they are scattered all over the place, and she takes them in and out of her crate....
I can't decide on the size of box, and what I should use as one....
Now Jen got me more confused. I think we all have a new standard to live up to... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad that you guys liked Jersey toy box. I was quite proud of myself when it was completed. It was really easy to make. Mike got me a wine crate from work (he works for a wine vendor so that was easy for us) but you could probably buy an unfinished wooden crate from a crafts store. I got the letters and all the other plaques from the craft department at Wal-Mart. I gave the crate two coats of paint, painted the other stuff with acrylic craft paint (again, Wal-Mart) and then glued it all on. I did put small finishing nails through the bigger ones from the inside. I got 2 inch wooden balls (they have a flat edge so they can work as "feet" - the flat part is flush against the bottom) at the craft store and screwed them in. It all cost me about $10 in supplies and just took an afternoon to do.

I did a stocking shaped like a dog bone for her too. That was hard and I almost gave up. My grandmother taught me to sew and she's a great seamstress so I made a lot of phone calls to her to get me through it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
we did the same with homer.stopped at big lots,dollar tree and walmart on the way to get him.you should have seen the back of the car loaded up since we needed everything.he also has his own "toy box" a wicker laundry basket.he is too small to reach anything in it yet so it lays on his side for him.i love the painted box for him-i have got to make for him!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
It's a bit like preparing for a new baby!!!!
Alas, as far as toys are concerned, the only things our two 'play' with are edible. Snoopy has started to throw apples into the air (that have fallen off the tree) before eating them. Susi is not interested in playing at all and walks away in disgust when she sees Snoopy with the apples.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by pfr:
The one thing your missing is the toy box..... Yes I have an milk crate and this way they can pick from there toys to play with... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Pam, I had a milk crate for Miss Shiloh's toys too, and this brings back such a cute memory. When we got Shiloh, we had our 2 poodles, Misty and Coco. Coco was a standard boy, and he became Shiloh's best buddy. But Misty was a small female, and she and Shiloh did not get along at all!! One thing Misty used too do was go to Shiloh's toy box, take out her toys one by one and hide them! It was so funny!! I guess she thought that if the little intruder didn't have any toys, she'd go away!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts