Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
ditto to what Marley's mommy just said /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
When we got Snoopy we thought we'd made a good breed choice as we'd read how gentle they are even with young kids etc...and BOY we had a very steep learning curve with him. The amount of times we said "we can't do this anymore", lets rehome him etc.. ( and this ashamedly to admit is coming from a VET- how awful did I feel even contemplating such a thing considering I'd seen so many unwanted dogs, having to do the weekly pound run for our vet clinic for years) We even got to the point of putting a flyer up once after another stressy few days (most of that was from having 3 very young children - Snoopy was just the extra bit of straw on the camels back unfortunately). But even that night I made hubby go and take it down again as he was looking so cute and sweet that evening etc.
Then he started getting out of our fence and roaming through the neigbours yards, plus the neighbours complained about his barking. He's 10 months old now and beginning to settle a little and there's no way we could ever part with him now. Yes it did take a new $5000 fence and citronella collar to keep him in and the neighbours happy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Puppies are like kids - they DO put a strain on the relationship- sleep debt and all their little naughty antics and tantrums etc... but the memories they create are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hang in there!!! at least they grow up faster than human kiddies and soon you'll have a lovely mature affectionate companion. I couldn't imagine walks without my little Snoopy anymore. Anyway I ramble....give him time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Kerstin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.