Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Listen to Laura, she had, and still has a bit of a hard time with a very insecure pup. However, a lot of patience and showing them assertively and lovingly who the boss is, help a lot....
Beagle pups are very demanding (all pups are, but with beagles its different), they push you to the limit, but you have to show them that you put the boundries.

It will be okay. Maybe Michael can help and that way you will both be doing the raising and educating, and so will be growing closer... :thumbup:

· Banned
19,926 Posts
Oh my, how I can relate. Jersey was a handful when she was a puppy. I hadn't had a puppy in 13 years and had forgotten just how hard it was to raise one! She was a holy terror and chewed everything. She was always getting into mischief. Most of all though, she had (and still has) a pretty serious case of separation anxiety. We thought we were going to have to return her to the rescue because of the complaints we kept getting at the apartment about her. We stuck it out though and found a great doggy day care to take her to. It was stressful for a while but now I have this incredibly awesome dog that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Obedience classes helped Jersey learn who was the boss, but in a very positive way. We saw the biggest change in her behavior when we started her training. If you haven't started that yet, I highly suggest it. Our trainer helped with issues besides the obedience stuff as well. She was a great resource for us at that time.

I know it's hard right now, but a little hard work now will pay off for years to come. Please don't give up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.