Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone -- another new member! My name is Carter and our family's Beagle is named Sally. We just adopted her from the local animal shelter on January 3rd. She is still very shy, but is starting to come out of her shell. She had hookworms, but we have done one treatment of Panacur and will follow up with another one in 3 weeks. She took to indoor living like a champ and curls up on Annie's memory foam bed and snores and snores . . .

We have one other dog, a Plott Hound/Doberman mix named Annie. She is 13 and has slowed down a lot since our other dog, a Plott Hound named Huck, passed away in June from leukemia. Annie is on Deramaxx for arthritis, but other than that, is in good health.

We are really excited to have Sally. We have never had a small dog before -- I didn't realize they were so portable. You can pick 'em up! And buy 'em sweaters!

I am looking for a Weatherbeeta coat for Sally that will match Annie's, but I found one by Rambo that is also nice.

Anyway, on with the Beagle info!

<span style="text-decoration: underline">All About Sally</span>
height: 14
weight: 22 pounds
sex: female (spayed)
color: bluetick with blanket back
food: Merrick Before Grain Salmon, dressed with chicken soup, cooked deboned chicken and sweet potatoes
favorite activities: sleeping, riding in car, long walks on the Flexi-Lead
favorite spot: in the loft, surveying her domain

I've attached a couple of photos we took the day after we brought her home. She is somewhat more cheerful now. She was in the shelter for a few months, and I think she'd had kind of a rough time of it before that, so she's just kind of decompressing right now.

I am happy to have found this forum and look forward to learning more about everyone's Beagles!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
OMG she is gorgeous. I am so happy you found her and all of us here at BW. This is such an active and informative forum that I think it will be a great place for you to hang out and learn. Welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Carter,I also have a Bluetick named Ssllie that is a rescue. She looks alot like your Sally.She was very shy for a long time before she got comfortable and really knew this was Her forever home.She is wonderful and I hope yyours will be also.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to you and Sally. She is a pretty beagle. I am so glad she found a loving home.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Sally is just beautiful. Looking forward to hearing all about her adventures and seeing lots more pics. When you get a chance, do post a pic of Annie (and, of course, Huck, if you can).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments, everybody. I hadn't seen a bluetick beagle for a long time, then we walked down one row at the shelter and there she was.

She's so quiet -- except for whining for a moment when I left her with my son and husband, she hasn't made a sound. We used to have an English Coonhound that had been abandoned in the woods and she acted the same way. It took her about a year to come out of her shell, so Sally might be the same way.

I will post some photos of Huck and Annie this evening.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. You have a beautiful beagle there. You sound experienced with rescue dogs, thank you for taking her.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there

I'm new to this site too, isn't it great!

Sally is beautiful it's brilliant for her to have found such a loving family and new home!

Hopefully all the experts here will keep us informed on what's best for our new buddies.

Kelly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.