Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, to my surprise, hubby finally said yes to a new puppy. We lost our wonderful Cocker Spaniel - Charlie - to cancer just about 4 years ago. He was almost 10 years old. It took at least 3 years before I could even think about wanting another dog, and even then the thoughts were few and far between. Hubby took longer, much longer.

Into our hearts walks Marley! He was born May 1st, and we brought him home July 6th. He's quickly developed a couple of pesky habits but doesn't exhibit them too often - such as nipping when he is in an extremely playful mood or does not want to listen, and growling when he is playing with his favorite toys - and doesn't want to listen. We are keeping a very close eye on this behavior and will call in a trainer soon if it continues.

On to the good stuff....he has had very few accidents in the house - woohooo, sleeps well through the night, is very happy and playful, we no longer need an alarm clock, and he is a joy to have MOST of the time.

He's doubled in size in two months! I will post his earlier pictures soon. In the meantime, here is a picture from last week:

And one from tonight - caught him napping:

So happy to have found this site.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome!!

glad to hear he has been a good dog!

careful they will give you the look when they want something and you can't help but give in!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to BW Marley & Marley's Mommy ! :angel: When beagles get playful they are very mouthy and love to nip a lot. But they can be taught to control that biteing. Good luck ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome Marley!! He is a cutie! I love the position he is taking his nap in! Those beagles sure know how to get themselves comfortable don't they!?!

·
Registered
862 Posts
A warm welcome to you and Marley!!! :wave: He sure looks very cute napping. Just look at that tummy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
139 Posts
Greetings from Tramp and myself in Canda :wave:

Awww... Marley's a cutie :thinker:

Have fun and enjoy Marley's puppyhood! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big welcome arrroooo to Marley. Bless Charlie but having a large pack of dogs waiting for me at the bridgem the only thing worse than losing a dear friend is that emptyness you feel between dogs. I'm sure Marley willbe everything you want him to be, sounds like your going to be everything Marley needs.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Marley is one lucky pup. I can relate to waiting between dogs -- I waited almost four years after my two dogs, aged 14 and 15, passed away until I got my beagle, Maggie, who is now 12.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. Lovely photos, particularly the one of him sleeping. Looking forward to hearing a lot more about Marley.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
A big BW Howdy to you and Marley!! He is beautiful--what lovely markings!! I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Charlie, but glad you were able to find a precious beagle babe to share your home with. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.