Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Duke is the newest addition to our family (or, "The Zoo" as we call it).

He's a 12 week old bundle of energy that we fell in love with 2 weeks ago when we got him from a local breeder.

Duke has 3 other fur-siblings. We have 2 older yellow labs, that are 11 and 12, Roscoe and Cassie. And a 2 y/o cat named Phoebe.

Ross and Cass took to Duke pretty quickly, Cassie plays "mommy" and Roscoe is Duke's heroe, Duke follows him everywhere. Phoebe hated him at first glance, but she’s coming around. She pretends like she doesn’t like him, but she always tend to be near where he is and she plays with him. I know that since she’s still young and active, they will be buds.

It’s been so long since the labs were pups, we forgot how much work is involved! Plus, beagles have a lot more energy than labs, so Duke is always on the go. We wanted another dog, but knew we’d have to look into a smaller breed, since we’re getting into our 40s and 50s and having 80 pound dogs in the house is getting harder to handle. We did tons of research and were very picky on what we wanted and the only possibility that we ended up with that had all the traits we wanted was a beagle. I’ve always had a soft spot for the breed, so it was a natural fit!

We love our little Duke. He is a handful, but he is the cutest thing ever. Just adorable! He’s a heathen, but he’s so much fun and we are making progress. He sleeps in bed with us at night (making his siblings jealous because the labs are too big and Phoebe used to sleep in the bed, but refuses to now.LOL). He sleeps through the night and is such a cuddle bug (when he’s sleeping!HA!). Everybody that has met him has fallen in love with him.

I’m so glad I found this forum. From what I’ve read, you all have a lot of insight when it comes to beagles and it’s fun to read the stories of all of your babies. Thanks for having us.

Here's my little Duke:

A pic of him with his heroe, Roscoe (who happens to be blind):

With Cassie, I call this the Spotted Belly Club:

And playing with Phoebe:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Your pictures are wonderful. My beagle, Maggie, is a year old and tries so hard to play with my cats who are all older. None of them will be friends with her. I will look forward to more stories and pictures. Duke is a beautiful beagle. The puppy days are sure busy!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He is adorable... welcome!
You have definitely made the right choice by taking a beagle, I have a puppy (Chloe) and enjoying every minute :hyper:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: Duke's a real cutie, and he's sure to add interest to your household. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
welcome!
Duke is a very cute Puppy, isnt it funny watching puppies and cats play!!!!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Duke is very, very handsome and I love seeing him interact with his house-mates. Looking forward to hearing about Duke's antics and seeing lots more pics.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. A big hello arrrooo to Duke, Roscoe and Cassie. I think beales really thrive when the have big old labs as mentors. Phoebe will come around and train Duke well!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. The photos are wonderful, we look forward to seeing more.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I'm sorry that I'm so late in welcoming you and Duke to BW.

I love the pics and I especially love the picture of Duke trying to play with Phoebe.

Glad that you found BW!

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I LOVE the spotted belly club, and the picture of dear Roscoe.

My favorite is the third pic with the 'flying beagle ears'.....

....yes, beagles are heathen wonders who will totally captivate your heart. My previous dog was a black lab, who was raised with my son; they were inseparable, and Zeke died during my son's senior year in high school.

As an empty nester, I rescued two dogs; one an adult shepherd mix, and then a beagle pup.

I could write a book about the antics of my beagle girl! I've never laughed so hard, or been so in love with a pet!! I can't imagine life without her....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Zookeeper:
Duke is the newest addition to our family (or, "The Zoo" as we call it).

He's a 12 week old bundle of energy that we fell in love with 2 weeks ago when we got him from a local breeder.

Duke has 3 other fur-siblings. We have 2 older yellow labs, that are 11 and 12, Roscoe and Cassie. And a 2 y/o cat named Phoebe.

Ross and Cass took to Duke pretty quickly, Cassie plays "mommy" and Roscoe is Duke's heroe, Duke follows him everywhere. Phoebe hated him at first glance, but she’s coming around. She pretends like she doesn’t like him, but she always tend to be near where he is and she plays with him. I know that since she’s still young and active, they will be buds.

It’s been so long since the labs were pups, we forgot how much work is involved! Plus, beagles have a lot more energy than labs, so Duke is always on the go. We wanted another dog, but knew we’d have to look into a smaller breed, since we’re getting into our 40s and 50s and having 80 pound dogs in the house is getting harder to handle. We did tons of research and were very picky on what we wanted and the only possibility that we ended up with that had all the traits we wanted was a beagle. I’ve always had a soft spot for the breed, so it was a natural fit!

We love our little Duke. He is a handful, but he is the cutest thing ever. Just adorable! He’s a heathen, but he’s so much fun and we are making progress. He sleeps in bed with us at night (making his siblings jealous because the labs are too big and Phoebe used to sleep in the bed, but refuses to now.LOL). He sleeps through the night and is such a cuddle bug (when he’s sleeping!HA!). Everybody that has met him has fallen in love with him.

I’m so glad I found this forum. From what I’ve read, you all have a lot of insight when it comes to beagles and it’s fun to read the stories of all of your babies. Thanks for having us.

Here's my little Duke:

A pic of him with his heroe, Roscoe (who happens to be blind):

With Cassie, I call this the Spotted Belly Club:

And playing with Phoebe:
Beagle puppies are quite a handful,but I will BET you will love every minute of it ! :thumbup: :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
This welcome is really overdue, but welcome to Beagle World! Your "zoo" sounds like a lot of fun!! Duke is adorable, and your pictures are great. Loved the one of Duke and Roscoe sleeping. When my Shiloh was a baby her hero was our big Standard Poodle, Coco. She followed him everywhere, like Duke, and Coco was so patient, he just let her do anything to him! One of the last pics we have of Coco is of him and Shiloh sleeping side by side. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
115 Posts
Duke is too cute! Our little guy Zeus sleeps in our bed too and he always ends up with the covers... go figure.

Looking forward to more photos!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts