Our Beagle World Forums banner

Inside or out?

5481 Views 20 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  jdetmering
Just a base line question, do dogs belong inside or outside? do you think it depends on the climate you live in?
Thanks
Judi
1 - 2 of 21 Posts
I didn't vote because IMO its each to their own. Everyone has different living situations too which change where their dogs are most of the time.

My big male is outside 90% of the time and my other two dogs chose to be outside majority of the time too. As I speak, Daisy is outside right now playing with a toy.

I know people who have outside dogs but they make the time to do things with them daily - training, exercise, cuddle time etc - and the dogs have a great life. Some of them show and do other dogs sports too so their dogs lead a very fulfilling life.

When I'm not home the dogs are always outside - however we do live in a climate that means this is possible all year round.
I think dogs a pretty good at climatising. I live in Australia and own a Siberian Husky - the breed is pretty common over here because their double coats act like insulation and allow them to climatise easily. My beagle is pretty unaffected by heat (we have a good outside set up, a decked area and our yard is very shady) but feels the cold, even though here we don't get a proper winter. She has lots of doggy jumpers!
1 - 2 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.