Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been looking for a play buddy for Daisy. My goal was to get a smallish dog, on the young side but definitely an adult over one year. An <span style="color: #FF0000">ADULT </span>I tell you!!!

So here is a link to Daisy's new buddy. I have no idea what she is - the tag said Border Collie mix, but there's no way. I'm thinking Shepherd mix and some other mix. Daisy ignored her at the shelter, being more interested in the new sights and smells, but when we got home they played like mad.

Not so adult...
<span style="color: #FFFFFF">.
. </span>

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations on your new pack member, she is a cutie and I can understand why you chose her.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh, what a sweet little face, and those ears... I would have fallen for her, too. I'm glad she's laid-back and is getting along with Daisy so well! I'm sure she's ecstatic about having a new friend.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - she was GREAT last night!!! I had her in bed with me for a little bit while I watched TV, then I put her in her crate next to the bed, turned out the lights, and there was NOT ONE PEEP out of her all night! Right now, she is taking a nap in her crate - she went in there on her own!!!

She and Daisy are getting along really well, and she is staying away from Maggie, who has let her know that at 14 1/2, she has no interest in playing with a youngster. Lola is respecting that and only sniffs Maggie occasionally. I'm very encouraged by her behavior so far!

Lola is the only name I've come up with so far. I like it but I'm still thinking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
how adorable! shelter dogs are just the best, aren't they? and yeah, looks like some shepherd is definatly in her!! btw: Lola is a very cute name!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think she is beautiful. I do not see border collie at all though...I say there's some shepherd in there somewhere. Regardless she is going to be a pretty girl.

·
Registered
230 Posts
She is beautiful, and Lola is a lovely name. I understand why you got her, despite the desire for an adult...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I wouldn't have been able to resist either. Good for you, now Daisy has a partner to play with and you have another snuggler!
YIPEE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts