Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here. I'll intorduce myself in the intro forum later today, but I'm on my way to class for right now. I just have a question that's worrying me...

I was watching tv with my beagle, rubbing his back like normal, and all of a sidden he yelped. I figured he just had his paw twisted some weird way or something. Well then later, he was trying to craw under the computer desk, and his back scraped against the shelf and he yelped. So I started rubbing his back to see if it was his back, and it is. There's a spot on his back that if you put pressure on, he will sometimes yelp.

I'm thinking it could be from when we get to playing, he goes to dive under the bed, and last time he did, I think he hit the side of the bed, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't feel like any bones are our of place, or anything like that. He's been walking normal, eating normal, everything else seems fine. Could it be just a bruise? Should I be overly worried?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
With all the other back injuries around here right now, I'd be concerned. Take him into the vet and have him checked out, just to be safe. He could have just bruised himself, but he could have hurt his back. Beagles are prone to problems with their backs so it couldn't hurt to get him checked out.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Agreed, better safe than sorry...... :thumbup:

Good Luck and keep us posted (and welcome to BW)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes, go to the vet. If it turns out to be a simple bruise then you'll be relieved. It's it something much more serious then at least you can get it looked after and corrected right away. Either way you'll know. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I echo what everybody said. Better safe than sorry.

Nice to see another person in Virginia on the forum.

Welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts