Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be one year on 26th April that my darling Lilly went to Rainbow Bridge

Here's Lilly when she was 1 year old sunbathing in the garden at home.

This picture was taken a short while before she passed away, she was only 9 years old.

Lilly - 29th August 1996 ~ 26th April 2006

They say memories are golden well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jennifer, that's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful beagle. :angel: I truly know how you feel because we lost our beautiful Bocephus at the age of nine to a mass on his spleen. It's been 13 years, and I still tear up when I think about it....it was so sudden and unexpected. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That is beautiful. I really like that poem. I got teary eyeed reading it and thinking of my Amber. Nine is so young...but it wouldn't matter. No matter how long they live it's never long enough.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Jennifer, What a lovely tribute to Lilly. I remember her very well. She was a beautiful girl.
These kind of anniveraries are hard, but I believe you'll see your Lilly again at the Bridge.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Lilly is surely in good company with many of those that await us at the bridge :thumbup: ! Im sure she would be a good match for Duke as he has the record for being the calmest & most loving of all dogs that we have known! (Unless you count his exitement about suppertime against him)! (He would nearly "faint from exitement" if he was present when his food was being prepared)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Duke was a big beag like goober, but loved everyone he met including cats! But he was a deep-voiced beag that would not quit until a stranger was introduced to him or "they fled"!!! (In his "first week on the job") he made a prowler flee the scene while my parents were on vacation! :thumbup: (Their neighbours asked..."just how big is your new dog"?)("He sounds HUGE"!) :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Dear Lilly, I hope you are having a great time waiting at the bridge. I still stifle a tear when I think of her and her untimely passing. I fondly remember tales of you romping after deer and scarfing (with the help of Rosabella) picnic goodies discovered unattended in the park! Lilly, I mostly remember how you were loved and how your returned that love to Jennifer! Rest well at the bridge, dear sweet Lilly

·
Registered
991 Posts
We all have our own reasons for our relationships with our Beagles and the names we give the. Lilly looks as if that name was meant just for her. Strong, stately and almost beautiful to a fault. I know you miss her intensely, I also know that you would not have given up having her in your life for anything. RIP Lady Lilly.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for your lovely words.

I woke up this morning and it was pouring with rain and I thought "oh so it has to rain on the anniversary of Lilly's passing, how sad" then it stopped and the clouds broke, the sun came out and a beautiful rainbow appeared /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I believe my Lilly made that happen because not only was it a link to Rainbow Bridge but Lilly's Kennel name was Excitat Rainbow /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm glad you were able to smile today and think of Lilly while she waits at the bridge for you. I definitely think she was trying to make you smile and remember her! :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Jennifer:
... then it stopped and the clouds broke, the sun came out and a beautiful rainbow appeared
I believe my Lilly made that happen because not only was it a link to Rainbow Bridge but Lilly's Kennel name was Excitat Rainbow ...
What a perfect day to remember Lilly. Clouds and sunshine, tears and smiles. Her name reminds me of spring flowers....thank you Lilly for smiling down on your mama this spring day.
What a beautiful girl she was Jennifer, and your tribute to her brings a tear to my eye.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Jennifer, I remember Lovely Lilly well. What a wonderful tribute to her--that poem brings tears to my eyes whenever I read it. Thank you for posting her pictures. The second one is really beautiful--was it professionally done?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it was Genie. It was taken at Petsmart by a professional animal photographer. I didn't know at the time of the photo session she was ill but when I look at it now and look at the pic taken with the two of them together I can clearly see just how old she looks considering she was only 9.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Jennifer...It is very hard to part with such a loving member of the family, yet I & Pop have suffered thru that a few times. But even though a beag companion has reached their end... that does not mean that your experience has been "in vain"! :thumbup: "The elder one will teach the younger one" like Goober did! "There are too many simmilarites" when it comes to the examples like Rufus & Duke/ Nibbler & Goober/Homer the huge! Our "adoptees" have lived for thirteen yrs, but Goober my first "store-bought" beag is over 15 & can still keep up with Homer & the neighbours hounds!(Go Goober Go!) He is our familys "super beagle"! :thumbup: :cool2:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Jennifer,

I do believe that our animals can speak to us with the help of greater Powers. When you mentioned that a rainbow broke through the clouds on Lily's anniversary, it gave me shivers.

When my Jake was very sick, I worried that I would not know if he would need help moving on to the Bridge.

On April 5, 2000, when he was becoming more sick, at about midnight, I asked him..."Jake, do you need help? Are you ready to leave us?" Then I carried him outside to potty and while we were out there...it began to snow! A light dusting but still very unexpected! I took it as a sign and he left us very peacefully the next day.

Lilly did the same for you, didn't she? She cleared the rain and sent a rainbow just for you. To a million other people, it was just a rainbow. They didn't know that it was a special sign just for you from Lilly. How cool is that?

Beautiful!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
This thread had me crying again, the poem is so sad. At least we all have our memories and I am sure our beagles would want us to be happy.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
This is a very sad thread/post about our companion animals that provide soo much joy to our lives...but it is very hard to lose them! As hard as it is to own & care for 2 or more hounds...at least you have the younger one to comfort you & grieve @ the loss of the elder one! Poor Rufus missed his elder Duke as much "if not more than Pop did"! (Rufus howled every night after Duke died) untill he was paired with Nibbler! Jennifer, if you can adopt a younger one to take Lilly's place, that might be the "cure to your blues"! I know that Goober will not live forever & someday I will have to purchase or adopt a Beagle to keep Homer-the-Huge company!!! (It will be a very sad day for me when I lose Goober)...But he has the current record of being the longest lived hound of our family soo far! :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts