Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an 18 month old son and a husband who's job has him on call most of the time, group obedience classes aren't really possible for us. With two beagles in the house now, I can see that we MUST have some obedience training. We have someone local who does private, in-home training, but it is quite pricey. Because I feel like we have to do something, I am willing to do it, but need to focus on the absolute must haves of beagle obedience.

For those of you who have done the obedience classes, what do you find the most helpful of skills and what could you have done without learning? Are their particular skills that are easier with beagles? I don't want to be wasting precious minutes on skills that aren't really neccesary or difficult for most beagles to master. Any suggestions on how you would go about it are welcome! I have to take advantage of the lessons I can afford. Also, any idea of how many lessons I should consider a minimum? TIA!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for all the help! Leave it is on the list of commands to learn!

Not to worry, Smeagle, we take our dogs practically everywhere with us, so they get lots of socialization and great situations to practice what we learn! It's just that I can't commit to a class at the same time on the same day every week. It will be a trainer that comes to the house to teach us and then we will practice it on our own. Thank you for the link to your video! I will be watching it after posting! Toby had a little training, but with the addition of Lucky we need more and, of course, Lucky needs training!

I appreciate hearing what was helpful to all of you. I know that not all trainers love to work with beagles, so I wanted to hear from other beagle owners what can be expected! Thanks so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.