Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the thing...crates are flippin' expensive! The first one we used was really small, we already had it for our cats. So I found one on Kijiji for $15, a super steal, and he has been in it for 8 weeks. Well, Friday night at the trailer I went to get him for his bed time piddle and noticed he was filling it end to end and his legs couldn't stretch at all! Our trailer neighbours had a bigger wire collapsible that they hardly use so they let us take it...yay! And a few weeks ago our friend was out and saw a fairly big one out for garbage, called us, and we went to pick it up. Cha-ching!!!
Hubby cleaned it up a week ago, and Sunday when we got home I went to get a bed pillow for the bottom (whose idea was it to have 3 raised circles in the bottom of the crate anyway?) and he has slept in it without a peep for 2 nights! He looks so tiny in it, but the fact that he strolled right in last night well before bed time tells me he likes the extra room!

Here he is...

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am so glad to hear that Rocky likes his new crate. He looks so comfortable just snoozing in there, and to get it for free, that is awesome! Tell Rocky we are so proud of him for taking to his new crate so quickly, he's such a good boy!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's great to hear that Rocky adjusted to his new crate so well. Even better that you got it for free. The last one we bought for Jersey was close to $100. But she sleeps in it all the time. She loves it, so it was money well spent.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know the feeling. We just went to buy a new crate for Quinn, since they need to start getting used to sleeping without each other. The Bargain Hound crates are pretty nice. Nothing fancy, but they do the trick, and at a reasonable price. Our puppies have no problem getting in the crate - they just hate being separated from each other.

So great that Rocky is doing so well!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Definitely doesn't look like he will outgrow this one!! What a steal!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: Toby & Lucky What a steal!!
I sure felt like I was stealing! But hey, it was put out to the garbage...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's great that Rocky's happy in his new crate!
Lucky you to find it for free. We had to buy a large one for Spook, and then another when Miss Priss (RIP) had to be confined for a dislocated hip. That was a lot of $$$s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.