Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A trip to the vet yesterday, Charlie gets a comprehensive treatment 2 times a year. Catch up with the shots and a good check up. Still the 26lb he is, very healthly! :bounce:
But he was soooo stressed out that he had a little bit of the runs. He just hates going to the vet! :animal18: Wouldn't get out from the car, then when he was out, he wanted out of the clinic! His tail all tucked in. I'm sorry, something mom needs to do.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Congratulations, Charlie! Good that you're such a healthy boy! I'm so fortunate, my dogs all love my vet - but then most have known him since they were tiny. He's like a part of our family!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
So glad to hear that Charlie got a clean bill of health! In spite of the many, many vet visits that Maggie has had, she still goes inside and runs to the receptionist to get her treat -- even if she has refused to eat anything at home! Maybe if Charlie has a favorite treat, you could sneak some to the person at the front desk ...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Glad to hear that all is well with you Charlie. Jersey doesn't like the vet's office either. She looks for the nearest way out and keeps pulling on her leash trying to get to the door.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Charlie, Li'l Girl says to tell you she doesn't like going to the vet, either. She gets anxious and drools so much that I have to get paper towels to wipe the floor. It's something we moms have to do to keep you healthy, and it sounds like your mom is doing a really good job. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
wonderful!

Yes, my Marley as well is really anxious going to the vet. My Charlie angel was such a pro at it, no problem at all. But with this one, I have to practically drag him in.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good for Charlie! His size is very similar to Duke's. We don't go back to the vet for a few months, thank goodness. His first 3 months with us were full of vet visits (and an emergency room trip because of something he ate...ugh). So I think he has gotten used to his vet's office.

Last 2 times we took our lab, Cassie, to the vets, she had accidents in the lobby. She's 12 y/o and never had an accident anywhere we took her, but she had an infection on her paw and I think that made her more anxious than normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts