Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know if Chloe has an ear infection? She keeps shaking her head and scratching (almost digging) in one of her ears (mainly)... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
I clean her ears every few days with an antiseptic solution, and they are clean... at the beginning of the cleaning, I see a brownish discharge, but there is no unpleasant smell... I'm worried :conf12:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so I spoke to the vet, and he said that it is possible that something fell into her ear and that is the reason she is "digging", and he would like to see her and check with a microscope... that actually scares me more than just an ear infection... :conf12:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Glad the vet wants to see her. It could also be allergies. But, its better to be safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Charlie has the same problem, scatching. The vet checked, said it might be allergy. Have the vet check first, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. I would imagine nothing can go in the ear, they stayed covered right? :eyes:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah... unless they fold or something... this evening when I got home from work she seemed fine and she doesn't scratch anymore. I'll take her to the vet just in case though....
Do most beagles suffer from allergies :conf6:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts