Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! It is the middle of the nite, I just got off work and decided I should post rather than just lurking. Life has been super busy around here so I haven't posted in quite a while. I wanted to let you know that my crew are all doing well. Hayley is living with my daughter who recently got married, Bailey with my son, and Toby is still at home. I'm now an empty nester....might be time to add another beagle??!! All are doing fantastic.
The reason I've been busy is because I got my dream job - in an 24 hour emergency vet hospital. I'm a customer service rep - 1st contact to all ER patients. I have learned a wealth of info and will try to post answers when I can regarding medical problems. We only see emergencies on my shift (days we have cardio, dermatology, surgery, oncology etc) which makes for a stressful situation but super rewarding to be able to help dogs/cats who otherwise would not live or continue living with any quality of life. I always dreamed of being able to work in a position with the opportunity to help animals and their owners. Someone was watching out for me. So nice to see so many new people and I will try much harder to post more. Julie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Julie, it's so good to hear from you. :wave: Oddly enough, I've been wondering where you've been. :freak:

Your new job sounds great. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats on the dream job! As stressful as I'm sure it must get, the reward of being part of helping fur-family members must be great.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi Julie

The Bagel and I are used having an empty nest but for you it must be a shocking change. The new job sounds like a great way to make the adjustments from "nest" responsibilities to your new vocational responsibilities. Bagel agrees that Toby needs a friend. Job sound very rewarding. Good to hear from ya.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Julie, Congratulations--that sounds like a really great job!!Stressful, I'm sure, but so interesting!! You must miss Hailey and Bailey. Does Toby miss them too?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good to hear from you -- looking forward to your insights! I've been thinking about what I want to do after I retire (unfortunately, still a few years away) and your post gave me an idea. The hospital where Maggie's internist practices (and is the chief) is building a brand new facility very close to my house. Bet they will be looking for part-time employees and/or volunteers -- they specialize in cancer treatments in addition to being a 24 hour emergency treatment center so expect it can be quite depressing but they are a wonderfully dedicated group of folks.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Hi Julie! Congrats on the new job, it sounds very exciting! Good to hear from you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Julie,

Congrats on the new job! Can I ask which hospital you are at? I use to live in WI and hate to say, but we had to frequent the emeregency vet quite often with our first beagle. I think it was in Pewaukee, but I cant remember for sure.

If it is around that area...maybe we will see you sometime, but lets hope that would not have to happen of course! No more emergenices for my parents beagle!! We were there just last Nov/Dec!

Amanda

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone. Genie, Hayley and Bailey technically live with my daughter and son respectively, but they are here every couple of days to visit. They actually still have toys and blankies here. All the same, I do miss them especially at night when I put Toby to bed. He has adjusted well. I think he quite likes being the king beagle of the house and is spoiled silly.
Bob, I agree Toby needs a friend! The hospital I work at does the emergency medical care for all of the local humane society animals....many of which are abandoned. I think that is the route I will go and am sure my heart strings will be pulled one day soon!
Amanda, I'm at the Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center 24 Hour Emergency Hospital in Waukesha right near the airport. Probably the place you are thinking about since there aren't any others around. Hope you never need to visit, but if you do, we will take good care of ya!! Julie

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oh yes! I know that one all too well! My first beagle Scooter was a frequent flyer. They took very good care of him!

You're right though I hope we don't have to visit, but I know that is where we take our beags if they aren't feeling well after hours! :heart:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts