Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I remember. That was funny!!

Do you think this is a hoax? Imen, why would you continue to eat your dog's food for 2 weeks? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
I read last week that Menu Foods has offered to reimburse medical expenses to owners whose pets got sick. The cynic in me can imagine this leading people to make all sorts of claims. I sure hope I'm wrong?

·
Registered
157 Posts
:pukey: Come to think of it, though, I don't think she would let me anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet".

Edith Wharton

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I could completely see someone eating dog food just for the money and the attention.

Either that or she's not the brightest crayon in the box and someone needs to smack some sense into her.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That story actually made the front page of the Edmonton Journal yesturday. I hate to say it, but I had to laugh when it said that she was foaming at the mouth. I love Caesar but I wouldn't eat his food. :pukey:

·
Registered
540 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Yes, this made the front section of the Ottawa Citizen. All it proved to me was that the dog was smarter than the woman. Seriously, did nothing else happen in the world on Saturday???

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hate to say it but if I thought the food I feed the Bagel wasn't fit for human consumption I wouldn't feed it to the Bagel. Almost 60 years ago when my method of movement was crawling on the floor, I've been told (I don't remember myself) that the I would crawl into the kitchen, retrieve a box of my dogs Five Flavors and the two of us would have a little snack until discovered by my mom. I wonder how many human babies have teethed on their doggies milk bones or shared from their dog’s food bowl. I, like you all, have my suspicions about this, but expecting your pets food to be wholesome seems pretty common sense. And yes, if I thought it would help the Bagel I’d munch on his pedigree but fortunately he does need any help in encouraging him to eat. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
As a baby I ate dried cat food at least once and both my girls tried canned dog food at some point when they started crawling around.

Would I eat NOW though? No. Would I eat it every day for two weeks? HECK No!

If Abby doesn't like her food or doesn't eat it I give her something else. Yep, she's picky and has me trained, lol. I don't pull it from her bowl and say "loook Abby MOMMY eats it...ummmmm" Dog food is for dogs, not human consumption.

But I guess now we know the kind of people that are responsible for the bags and cans of dog and cat food that say "tastes like chicken" or other such /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Sandyj:
I'll do a lot for my dogs, but eating their food to tempt them to eat isn't on the list. :pukey:
I totally agree ....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
As much as I love Jersey, eating her food is not going to happen. I use Innova and it's made with all human grade ingredients, but still not happening. I did eat canned cat food when I was little. I remember it tasted kind of like tuna. I still wouldn't eat it now. The only way I could see eating Jersey's food is if I was going to starve to death and that was all that was left to eat.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
:lol2:

I always thought dog biscuit is ok for human only much harder crunchy!
My husband said the puporoni beef jerky stinks.

Charlie mom

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have thought about tasting the treats I make for Jersey. They are all made with ingredients from the grocery store. I just can't do it though...they're still dog treats.

·
Registered
862 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
I did have a taste of Boeing's kibble once (accidentally, of course!!!). We were having dinner at home and I kept a small bowl of kibble by my side so I could 'drop' it on the floor. I was so engrossed in the conversation that instead of eating my own food, I popped a piece of Boeing's food in my mouth. I spat it out immediately :pukey: .

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:Originally posted by bob:
I would crawl into the kitchen, retrieve a box of my dogs Five Flavors and the two of us would have a little snack until discovered by my mom.
:hi:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would not eat Lucky's food ever...well maybe if I was about to die and that's the only food that was left. I've never tried dog food either. I did made Lucky a birthday cake last year and my family members tried a piece of it. It was all made of normal things so that is different. They say it wasn't too bad. Hehe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts