Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share this with all of you...

Abby is 7.5 months old and we've worked with her on 'tricks' since she was about 2 months old. We do 'come' with her, but only when she knows there's a treat involved.

Well, last night I had her on her leash and we were going out the back door for one last potty break before bed. When I opened the storm door, I started to step out and stopped - Abby continued on down the steps as far as she could go on the leash. I stopped because a spider had dropped down from the top of the outside door frame was basically staring me in the face. (I have a fear of spiders, I'm sorry to say...) I couldn't close the door, because it would have knocked the spider into the house and who knows where it would have landed. So there I was standing in the doorway, holding the storm door open with one hand and Abby's leash in the other. I called to my husband to come quickly and then said Abby, COME. To my surprise AND total proudness - she did come, without hesitation.

At the time I didn't really think about what had happened. I only wanted to get away from that spider. But, I did tell my husband what she did and we were both so proud! I KNOW Abby will never have perfect recall, but it's nice to know that she really is learning & understanding her 'tricks'.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Abby, WTG!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay everyone - I found an awesome toy this weekend!! It's made of actual fire hose material! Unfortunately, it had a handle that Abby has already chewed off - BUT - this main section seems to be pretty durable and she seems to really like it!! Needless to say, I'm really excited about this find!

I found it at a store called Petsway in Poplar Bluff, MO (visiting family for the holiday).

By the looks of their website, this company offers several durable dog toys. www.kyjen.com

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, sorry, I posted that to the wrong thread - but hey, if any of you were looking for a new, durable toy -- there ya go! :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ah, we have tried that toy already, it lasted maybe 2 days, no lie! I was in shock

Good luck, hope it lasts longer in your home!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man that is crazy!! So far it's still holding up, but we'll see... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts