Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or so ago I posted that one of my dogs (don't know which one) had a bunch of accidents while the hubby and I were out of town and our neighbor came by to take care of them. We left Friday night, every time she came over Saturday one had pooped and peed in the house. When she came over Sunday morning one had done it again, but the entire rest of Sunday they were fine. We came home Sunday night to no problems. Monday she stopped by at lunch while we were at work and there were no problems. Tuesday we left them all day as we normally do and had no problems. Wednesday I came home and one had peed in the same room as before. So I cleaned the entire room and shut the doors. We had no more problems up until today!! GRR!! I came home and one had pooped and peed in a DIFFERENT room. And the poop was mushy, almost diarrhea. They are both eating and drinking normally and acting normal.

I will say that prior to the first incident they got into some tulips that I had in a pot. They pulled them out and chewed on part of the bulb. At the time I didn't know that tulips were toxic to dogs and they continued to act normal so I didn't think anything of it. Now I'm wondering if it's possible that these random accidents are from that???? I talked to the people at my vets office today and they told me to bring in a urine and stool sample from both.

If it was the tulips I would have thought they would be having continuous problems, vomiting, etc? But honestly they both seem normal other than these random accidents. They never have an accident when we're home either.

I'm so frustrated because it's completely out of the blue! And we're back on our regular schedules so I can't attribute it to the trip we took nearly two weeks ago.

Any advice??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Give it time, lots of praise when they do their business outside. Things will return to normal.

If you think the bulbs are a problam, call your vet and ask them. They should be able to tell you if a trip in is necessary.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am dropping off 2 urine samples and a stool sample to be examined. Hopefully it will come back with some answers. Thanks Joe, we are trying to stay positive but it is so out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok the results are in and all is well with every sample. I'm really glad in a way but just confused as to what the issue is? They were ok yesterday and today, but I came home at lunch to check on them. I'm going to leave them all day tomorrow most likely so we'll see what happens. Hopefully it was all just a freak thing and isn't going to become a habit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts