Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and my very handsome beagle, Romulus. He is approximately 18 months old. My husband and I got him this summer from an elderly lady who could not care for him any longer. He has one canine brother, a terrier/chiuaua mix, and 4 feline brothers and sisters. He fits into our family perfectly. He is a big eater and loves to "play" with the cats. I had never heard a beagle bark before getting him, and boy, do beagles have a definite sound. Everyone in the neighborhood knows we have a beagle! I am hoping to learn a lot about Romulus here since we are still housebreaking him and I cannot wait to share my beagle experiences with you all.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. I am looking forward to hearing more about Romulus. My beagle Maggie is also about 18 months and we have 4 cats. The cats don't much like Maggie but Maggie takes great pleasure in chasing any cat who will run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jassy. We have the same situation in our house. Romulus loves to chase our one cat in particular, who runs every time he sees Romulus coming. The cats barely tolerate the dogs, but somehow, we all seem to get along!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Quote:The Story of Romulus and Remus

The twin brothers Romulus and Remus were the sons of the God Mars. When they were very young they were abandoned by the banks of the River Tiber and left to fend for themselves. Luckily for them they were found by a she-wolf who took pity on them fed them with her milk.

Later a shepherd found the boys and took them home to look after them. He ended up raising the boys as his own children. The boys grew up to be very strong and clever and they decided to build a town on the spot where the Shepherd had found them.

Shortly after building the town the twins had a big argument about who should be in charge. Romulus overpowered his brother Remus who died in the fight. Romulus then became the first king of this town which he named Rome, after himself.
Either that, or his previous owner was a Star Trek fan.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Kim:
Romulus loves to chase our one cat in particular, who runs every time he sees Romulus coming.
Welcome, Kim! My, you have a houseful!! My Shiloh used to chase our late, beloved older cat KC. She never wanted to hurt him, just hold him down and sniff him! My theory always was that the chasing was a game for both of them, and if KC wouldn't run, Shiloh wouldn't chase. Sure enough, when KC got older he finally decided enough was enough and didn't run from her anymore. Interestingly, Shiloh has never shown any interest in chasing our younger cat, Poe.
We'd love to see some pictures of your pack. Romulus is an interesting name--there must be a story behind it. Are you Star Trek fans?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jowdy Kim :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and big ole beagle "welcome to the pack" arrrooooo to Romulus. We love stories but the do nag for pictures around here! Lot's of experience and help if need it!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome, Kim! Congrats on your little Romulus. Nice to see someone from the Inland Empire on here. I lived most of my life in Riverside. I moved to MoVal for 6 months and then of to the midwest in '94. I've been here ever since.

Welcome to the board!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great greetings! We named him Romulus after the Roman God....I didn't even know there was a Romulus on Star Trek...how funny. I want to get another Beagle and name him Remus! I will send pics as soon as I get him to settle down for a minute.....

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Kim! :wave:

How sweet of you to take Romulus in when he needed another home. I love the name...especially after hearing the history on it thanks to Joe (thanks, Joe!).

Housebreaking an adult male beagle...can be challenging but not impossible. I remember being on BW wondering when my Henry would ever become potty-trained and one day I woke up and realized it was done. We had to dispose of a couple of rugs but it was worth it to have our Henry peeing outside.

Please give Romulus a belly-rub from his new friends, Henry and his mommy (aka Denise).

~Denise

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A belated welcome to BW. Looking forward to hearing about Romulus and seeing photos of him and your pack.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:wave: Welcome to BW - a little late. I think you'll find this a great place to visit - and find lots of beagle stories and info. Can't wait to see pics of your Romulus!
I'm new here too - but do have a few (?) beagles - Princess, Romeo, Chloe, JoJo, Tanna, Lottie, Joe, Jack, Bella and Angel.
Glenda 'n the pack

1 - 20 of 21 Posts