Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sooooo want to rescue this little girl from this Amish family. Same place I got Jack from. She was bred at 10 months and every season since - she's only three but still. They keep her outside in a chickenwire pen that does have a dog house in it but....since they only change the water once a week and it freezes in about 20 minutes, they don't let her out of her small pen for weeks at a time, they don't feed her dog food, they just throw her scraps when they think about it....i really want to rescue her. We've had over a foot of snow and it's 18 below with the windchill... She's cute and loving and deserves a better life.

Say your prayers...they are a puppy mill and want to breed her again in January to a Pug to continue selling Puggles. I've offered them a ton of money but we'll have to see.

Thanks for letting me vent!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How can people treat a living thing this way

I don't know the rules there, but can't you file a complaint of something?

Anyway, I hope the money you offered them will seal the deal and they will give her to you....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It boggles my mind that so many Amish seem to be involved with puppy mills.
If money is their primary interest, maybe they'll let you have Bella. Poor little mite deserves much better than what she's enduring.

·
Registered
786 Posts
And you think the Amish are loving people. This sheds a whole new light on them.

Keep us updated and I pray you get Bella...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally Posted By: *silleb*How is this legal?
What about informing the authorities that they are running a puppy mill?
I think that's the problem. Puppy mills are not considered illegal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally Posted By: pfrAnd you think the Amish are loving people. This sheds a whole new light on them.
Don't get me started on the Amish. A few years ago, we got a draft mule from an auction that runs through a large number of Amish stock. Until I saw the condition of most of the Amish horses at that auction, I never knew how they kept their animals. I can understand them not thinking of their livestock as pets, but these horses were in bad shape. (Hooves not trimmed, thin, poor coats, sores, etc.) There's no excuse for that.

He was a couple of hundred pounds underweight and absesses in two feet, full of worms. He turned out to be a great mule. He was so smart and gentle. We had to put him down two years later after a bad colic that was likely brought on by a damaged intestine from the worm burden he had for so long -- I doubt he'd ever been wormed more than a time or two before we got him.

OP, I read your other post and am so glad to see that Bella is home, chillin' on your bed.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
OMG - I hope you can rescue her!!! Too bad you couldn't just kidnap her.

I assume that the Amish think of their animals as just livestock and not pets like we do. But human kindness should be important to them, whether its for an animal or a person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts