Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I know a sad face is not in order for that occasion...
BUT - I am leaving Chloe behind... she will be staying with my brother for that 1.5 weeks.
I know he is my brother, and will take good care of her, but I'm worried.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
I have left him a list of everything he needs to know and do, but from some reason it doesn't seem enough... I keep having the feeling that something is missing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
Do you ever have the feeling that no one will take better care of your baby than you? :eyes:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Yes, we know that feeling. I am sure Chloe wll be fine, at least she is not going into kennels. Once you are home again you'll wonder why you worried. Have a great vacation and to put your mind at rest you can always phone your brother.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Eleanor,

I know your feelings too well.

Question...are you leaving her with your brother because you trust him implicitly or are you settling for your brother for convenience or fianacial reasons?

We have kenneled our dogs in a kennel that we inspected and trusted and it was easier because our had each other. If there is a kennel that you've heard of by word or mouth that is clean, secure and matches lonely dogs up with buddies for playtime, it's not a bad thing.

For us, trust is the foremost issue, whether it's a sitter or a facility.

If she stays with your brother...check in every day and stay as available by cell phone as you can.

I've labored over the issue of traveling and leaving my dogs for years. I hate to travel because of it.

Where are you vacationing? ~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Denise, I trust my brother, and he knows Chloe.... so he knows what to do. And he will be staying in my apartment, so she won't have too many shocks.
I am going back home to Israel for 10 weeks... some things to do, people to see...
I do trust him, but probably since its the first time leaving her (hopefully there won't be many more, or at least I'll be able to take her with me), I have some reservation. I just don't like being without her. Even when I'm at work I miss her.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Eleanor,

Staying in your apartment with somebody who knows her that you trust sounds good to me.
Make sure that Chloe has her tags on.

And I know just how you feel about missing her. I miss my dogs when we travel so much that it physically hurts.

I wish you a safe and happy trip back to Israel.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Eleanor, funny you said that, because I just emailed the dog sitter the actual dates of my vacation, which will be in November. The same dog sitter we used on our last vacation. Only this time, Charlie will be on his own, Marlin won't be with him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Sorry no advise, I'll be the same way. Have a safe trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts