Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being away for several weeks on business and taking a week to recover, I noticed something had changed with Vinny. He is growing hair back on his butt, chest and belly.

I do believe this is due to the choice of food. We switched his food to a natural food which is made from human grade ingredients about 10 monts ago. I have posted pictures of Vinny which clearly show his freckled chest because there was virtually no hair on his underside. There are even signs that he is getting the beagle specific brush on his tail.

An added effect has been, for the 7 weeks I was away, he did not have a single seizure.

My hope and my goal is to get him off the Phenobarbatol (treatment for Epilepsy) and the Temeral (treatment for skin allergies). Please consider the food being fed to your Beagle. The effect of the food on your buddy may not be as drastic as it has been on Vinny, but remember they can't tell you how they feel.

And by the way, since being home both Vinny and Miles have been glued to my side. They both nearly did back flips when I walked through the door. It is good to be home.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome back. That is great news. I have also been very careful about Maggie's food. She has begun getting the beagle brush on her tail also. I commented on it the other day but didn't connect it with good food. Now I wonder.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome back Joe! I've been wondering where you were. I'm glad to hear that Vinny is doing so well. You need to take some new pictures of him with fur now! Jersey is also on Innova and has always had a nice healthy coat. I've been a big fan of it for years, ever since I had my Amber girl. She had a lot of food allergies and would get all itchy. That all stopped when she went on Innova.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts