Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent to me and I'm sharing.

If I didn't have three dogs:

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree -- dog bones, stuffed animals, toys, treats nor would I have to explain to people why I wrap them.

I would have money ....and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grandkids thru college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to Spell the words B-A-L-L-, F-R-I-S-B-E- E, W-A-L-K, or T-R-E-A-T.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the melting of snow instead of dreading mud season.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.
How empty my life would be.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thank you God everyday for Sammy, Maddy, Scooby and Dakota !!! Amen .........

·
Registered
23 Posts
HAHA!

That is so true! All of it! I especially like when we plan our weekend events around the dogs' schedules! Example: (While driving home from, lets say, Home Depot on Saturday around 1:30) Hey do you wanna get some lunch while we are out? No, lets go let the dogs out, then we will come back out.

Those lil' critters have no idea exactly how prioritized they are! :heart:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh how true!! Ever since i got Monty my life revolves around him! When we went to Florida for 10 days in February he had a holiday with friends of ours, and i called home so much to check on him, I was so worried! When i heard he wasn't eating and was being a terror i was ready to jump on a plane, leave hot sunny Florida, and return to FREEZING cold Winnipeg. Luckily it didn't come to that!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I couldn't agree more - especially the one about having to accommodate the beasts on the sofa and the bed... Moosie absolutely had to sleep on the pillow over my head last night, and Popcorn absolutely had to sleep spread out across the bottom half of the bed - and I ended up curled up diagonally somewhat like a pretzel in the square foot or so they left me!! I'm sure they had a great sleep... but my back is killing me today!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I have two....but those sentiments certainly apply here also. I baby-sit a friend's dog regularly, and occasionally foster.....so I DO understand how additional feet and fur add to the dust,mud,worry, laughter and love.

I have become one of "THOSE PEOPLE" (that I used to make fun of!) :freak:

·
Registered
540 Posts
What do you mean life revolves around our beagles?!? Let's see, get up a half hour before they do so we can have some coffee in peace, get them up, walk them a mile. Come back in and watch zoomies and tell them how much we love them. Try to figure out what time I need to get them into the playpen so I can work. Arrange shopping around when hubby is home. Arrange doggie day care when I have to go to a client's. Get them inside for a nap by 1 and then be quiet so they will give me 2 hours to do things I need to get done. Hope it's not raining so they can spend some more energy in the playpen. Sit outside with them and have coctails so that the pack is together, take another mile walk before dinner. Watch more zoomies and take things out of mouths that should not be there. Wonder if I can keep them up just a few more minutes. Say bedtime and watch them sprint to their kennels. Plop down for a minute and then get up and fix human dinner. And throughtout all of this get massive numbers of kisses and we noses and feel so complete. What do you mean life revolves around our beagles?

·
Registered
702 Posts
:hysterical:

I know some people who think we're all crazy but I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Unconditional love is our reward!! What could be better in this world than standing in front of an open door on a frigid winter night, in your thin nightie, waiting for your Beag to decide when to come in and go to bed?!!!

Monica and Daisy (the dawdler in the snow :rolleye11: )

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
All so true. Even tonight we came home at 9pm, been to our neighbours, to make sure the hounds were o.k. Of course they were fine and asleep, so we could have had that extra drink.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by My Sweet Daisy:
Unconditional love is our reward!! What could be better in this world than standing in front of an open door on a frigid winter night, in your thin nightie, waiting for your Beag to decide when to come in and go to bed?!!!

OMG!!!

I thought we were the only ones! I get so mad while I'm standing there, shivering and tired, while he takes his sweet time. Then comes trotting back in with his tail wagging...and goes to the kitchen to wait for a treat.

My grumpiness goes away the minute we get back in bed and he lies right next to me like he owns the bed and begins his snoring.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by My Sweet Daisy:
What could be better in this world than standing in front of an open door on a frigid winter night, in your thin nightie, waiting for your Beag to decide when to come in and go to bed?!!!
Just be glad you don't live in an apartment like we do... we have no option other than to be right out there with the late-night dawdler(s)!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
:biglaugh:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BookerMoose:
Quote:Originally posted by My Sweet Daisy:
What could be better in this world than standing in front of an open door on a frigid winter night, in your thin nightie, waiting for your Beag to decide when to come in and go to bed?!!!
Just be glad you don't live in an apartment like we do... we have no option other than to be right out there with the late-night dawdler(s)!!!
I know that one!

Yesterday I didn't have full range of motion in my left arm. Jersey had taken over most of my side of the bed and the way that I had to sleep left my arm aching in the morning. About an hour before I had to get up I finally moved her over some so I could be comfy too. :smack:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts