Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on a book last night when Boeing jumped onto the low table I was writing on. He crouched down on one side of the book and looked at me as if to say, "Stop working now and please put me to bed." I pretended to not see him and continued writing. Then he started pulling my book under him with both front paws. Now that half the book was underneath him, he stopped and looked at me again "I want you to stop now. I want to go to bed." Still, I wrote on and you know what he finally did? He put one paw on my pencil-holding hand and pressed down a little as if to say, "Stop it! I order you." So, I gave up and we both went to bed.

If beagles could talk, we wouldn't be having moments like this to talk about and to share, would we? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Very sweet. Susi lies on the floor at breakfast, looking Dave straight in the eyes. She is saying hurry up I want a walk.
When they want us to get up in the morning they jump on top of us then jump off the bed, they continue doing this until we give in.
Beagles dont need to speak. :heart:

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's so cute, I always feel that Fin is trying to tell me something when he looks at me intently. Although I do believe most times he's just staring off into space; he gets sidetracked quite frequently.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is adorable. I can just imagine those big hound eyes pleading with you to go to bed. Soozie does the same thing. If I am reading she puts her head right in the middle of it and gives me "the look". Bugsey jumps up promptly at 10pm and stares intently at us until we turn off the tv and fire and go upstairs. So clever these beagles.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Boeing certainly let you know what he wanted -- so no need to talk!! :hi:

My two cats used to do this to me all the time. I'd be reading a magazine or newspaper at the kitchen table and they'd just jump up and creep closer and closer until they completely covered the magazine. "Pay attention to me, mom! I need some stroking."

Daisy pokes my leg a couple of times and then squeezes between my leg and the tv tray, pushing the tray aside and then lies on my foot until I pay attention. Usually, she wants to go out so she can get a treat! Or she just needs some lovin' and petting -- "right now!!"

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh yeah, just now during dinner time, Charlie still wanted to play his ball with me. He kept pushing the ball on my feet, as if saying, stop eating mom, please play some more. :biglaugh:

Charlie mom

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, when you really think of those times your beagle(s) tried to communicate with you, they were countless. At dinner time, we can do nothing but let Boeing sit at the table with us (he on the floor and we on the chairs /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ). He keeps touching my thigh with his cold wet nose every few minutes to let me know he's still there and that I should drop something into his food bowl. What we do is that we give him one spoonful less kibble for his dinner so he can have it while he's at the dining table with us. I keep that one spoonful of kibble in a small cup by my side and give it to him a piece at a time. Sometimes I throw it randomly around and he has to hunt for it. That way we don't need to worry about overfeeding him, and he's happy to be included at (our) meal time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I listen to audio books at bedtime and the other night I decided not to turn it on. Tippi came over to my side of the bed and began to whine and I don't know why but I reached over to turn the CD player on. Tippi stopped whining immediately and settled down. Within five minutes she was snoring

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wasn't ready for this...but Brandy is trying to vocalize responses to certain things. She has always made sounds and noises, like when she is waking up and all. Now when you are one on one cuddling with her and tell her "I love you, Brandy" she is making a grovel sound like to say " I love you too!" It's so adorable. Cecil doesn't vocalize, she stares. When it's bedtime somewhere around 7PM, she comes to me and gives me an intense stare, like "get up and get my treat I'm ready for bed." She is my little humper and if I don't respond in a respectable period of time, I can see her getting ready to hump me somewhere....leg, arm. We really work on that, but it's so weird. She only does it to me. Anyway, I know the stare now and she is firm with it. When she is ready to come inside from the playpen, she barks. Brandy, on the other hand, runs to the end of the pen where we hang the leashes and jumps up as if to say "leash me, I am ready to go in." And, folks, gotta go for now as Cecil is barking and it's naptime. Gotta bring them in from the playpen to nap on their dog beds for 2 hours until the next playtime.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And last night he did it again, jumping onto the low table I was working on and putting his chin on top of my notebook to prevent me from writing. He knew it was past his (and my) bedtime and wanted to remind me. I didn't want to stop writing just yet, so I rubbed his tummy with one hand and wrote with the other. He seemed quite satisfied with that and snored away next to my book in a few minutes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Well surely Goober knows how to "Talk" after nearly 15 years! But now that he is "retired"...he has taught Homer most of his "good & bad habits"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif :angryfire:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts