Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know our beagles are unique. But what does your beagle do that's different from the rest? What strange quirk does your beagle have that most normal beagles don't have?

Murphy loves lotion. Each morning as I get ready for the day I rub Eucerin lotion on my dry feet before I put my socks on. Murphy <span style="font-weight: bold">loves</span> the lotion-he jumps in and licks my feet before I put my socks on-every single morning. My wife and I think he needs LLA 12 step program (Lotion Lickers Anonymous)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sometime we call Bodie a gutter dog. Because he loves to drink standing water no matter how disgusting it is. He always has fresh water, 2 sources no less, yet he'll still drink water out of plant reservoirs, puddles, gutters, etc. whenever he gets a chance.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Don't know to consider it a quirk but Coco sleeps on top of me and uses me as his personal pillow. He won't go to bed untill I am in here with half his body on mine

·
Registered
865 Posts
Toby eats his meals at 7am and 4pm. This has been his schedule for most of his 9 years. Yet, every single day he starts whining to be fed at 6:30am and 3pm without fail!

Lucky wants to sleep on a pillow when he gets on the bed. It has to be a pillow by my head and he has to curl his whole body up and fit entirely on the pillow - he won't stand for hanging off of the pillow!

Toby might turn 15 circles before pooping - drives me crazy, always has! Just go, already! Oh, and he has to poop in a bush. He won't just go in the middle of the grass very often.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Let's see, Molly has quite a few.

- she loves cologne, perfume, and lotion. Rolls in it like crazy

- she LOVES Murphy's Oil soap that I clean the wood floor with. I am trying to clean and she rolls in it!

- she waits until Jake and Andy have pottied and I praise them, then she runs to her spot and goes.

- she won't let my hubby put her on a leash (weird fear issue) unless its for a walk out the front door.

- while I am relaxing on the couch she changes her sleeping location nightly from the sofa to one of the 3 dog beds. Sometimes even on the hall runner rug.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie likes her nose and eyes covered when she sleeps. Its hot here today and she still pulled her blanket off the back of the couch so she could cover her nose and eyes. She gets too hot and stretches out on the floor on her side for a while and then she goes back up and covers her nose and eyes again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
JoJo has to poop on the go. She either has to turn in circles or walk while pooping.

If given a new toy with a squeeker, she MUST destory the squeekers first. (we actually just found one she hasn't been able to break the squeekers on yet and she's had it for a week)

She loves to sit right outside the kitchen door that's by the oven while I cook, even though she KNOWS she'll get told to go play and stop begging. Every night!

Despite being happy and comfortable in her crate downstairs, she feels the need to try to lick her way out. She only licks the bottom corner, but she'll lick forever.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I have to add that Molly does not like to be covered! She will sometimes wiggle under a blanket to play around but she hates having blankies on her.

Oh, and she HATES when I am on the PC. She will steal things and get into trouble everytime I am on it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Violet usually sleeps in the middle of Dave and I, on my right side. There are times we don't want her in the middle of us and I try to move her to my left side. She freaks out, will claw over me to get back on the other side and if I don't let her, she will lay next to me and shiver or get off the bed. I have no idea what scares her, the bed is big enough so she's not even close to the edge. Weird.

When the girls are lying on the floor, Duke will stand over them, straddling their heads! I have no doubt it's some sort of dominance thing, but it looks hilarious and both Vi and Cassie let him do it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Leo loves to eat bugs. No matter what the bug is, he eats it. Sometimes he will play with the bug first, but it always ends with him eating it.

He loves to lay on his back, legs flying in the air, when trying to chew his bone. He will pick the bone up and flip it from one side to the other of his body while making some sort of goose honking noise. We have yet to get it on tape, he gets a little camera shy.

When he plays with my husband, it is one very specific way. My husband gets on his hands and knees and spins around and around in place. Leo will then chase Ian's feet in circles at very high speeds. He could do that all day.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
These are fun to read! They all so cute and have various personalities for sure.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thought of another one, and not sure if it's exclusive to her or beagles (or even dogs) in general...

If you look directly at her and talk...no matter what you say, she assumes it's play time and starts dancing around in circles and arooying.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, Rocky is still developing his personality, but so far the one thing he always does when he's playing is throw his toy and then chase it. Usually a stuffie, sometimes his rope. It is so funny to watch and the expression on his face when it lands on the chair or table is hilarious!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My husband recently taught Roscoe the down command (to lie down) and Roscoe HATES doing this. So it is quite entertaining to watch b/c he will yell at my husband when he gives him the command, moan a little, and finally and VERY reluctantly lie down. But he only stays down for a few seconds, very funny!

Gino has been becoming more and more playful with us as time goes on (its been 4 months now) and recently if he wants to play he runs towards me, gets up on his hind legs, and pushes me with his front paws. Well, I nearly die laughing b/c the more excited he is the more frantic it becomes and he has even slid on the floor only to scramble up and do it again. His tail is wagging the entire time!!

Cole knows how to trick the other two into giving up their spots on the couch. They all like the corners but with two couches there are only four! One for myself, one for hubby and only two left and three dogs. So if Cole is the odd dog out he starts howlilng and running back and forth (as if he is saying c'mon guys there's something out here, lets go see), so it ALWAYS works and one or both of the other two gets up and follows him. As soon as they are far enough away from the couch, Cole turns around and beelines right for the spot he wanted!! Hysterical.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know about idiosyncrasies, but one thing is for sure - after receiving loads of attention the past two weeks, one of our puppies is definitely not happy to be stuck in the crate again....One of them (probably Quinn) has been baying all morning....

·
Registered
350 Posts
when i come home from work, champ bowls me over and the other two dont have a chance. so bonnie will turn away from me and sit down with her head bowed, until i pet her. then she will turn back to me and say hi.
C.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Bazel loves ear plugs, I hide them daily from him.
In the last couple of months he has just started taping on the heater in the office when he wants it on, drives me crazy sometimes when I am getting hot and he still wants it on, I turn it off and he keeps taping on it again for me to turn it on.
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with Millie yet just normal puppy naughtiness.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know if this is just My beag Charlie.

He is kinda snobby/picky when it come to water, He does not like to share any type of water bowls with other dogs other than his brother.
If any other dogs have licked in his water, he smells it and avoids it, even at water bowl parks he refuses to drink out of those fountains, Ibring his own water/ and bowl, and if another dog happens to come around it and drinks out of it, he smells it and sticks his nose up and walks away, I have to pour him fresh just for him, It's a pain in the butt but lol yeh he has to drink lol,

however on the flip side if there is no water to be found he will DIG for some dirty water under ground, but God forbid if another dog wats to drink from his found dug water hole. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts