Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Caesar went outside shortly before bedtime. When we were ready for bed I went to the back door and called him to come in. Nothing. I thought maybe he was too busy playing somewhere so called out "Caesar, want a cookie?". Still nothing. That's odd, he loves cookies. So then I grabbed his bag of treats and sat on the back stairs shaking the bag and calling him. Nothing! I even started squeaking his favorite toy. I could hear his tags jingling on his collar but couldn't see him. So I went inside to grab a flashlight, I had a fear that he had fallen into a window well. I walked around the yard calling him checking everywhere. Nothing! I was begining to panic. I was just about to go inside and get Shane, thinking that Caesar had somehow got out of the yard. I didn't check the garage because the door was closed, but I as I was walking by I opened the door and this tri-coloured blur went zipping past me! We ran into the house, I sat down on the floor and got covered with Beagle kisses. He finally got the cookie he had heard so much about. Phew! He's home safe!

When I opened the garage door to leave for work this morning I saw chaos. He must have pushed the door open. Then once inside he went to town playing in the garbage and recycling. The broom and rake were knocked down infront of the door so that must be how he locked himself in.

After reading about Lil' Girl going "missing" I knew it was only a matter of time before Caesar went "missing" too. From now on I'll check garage first even if the door is closed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awww Caesar...

At least you found him safe and sound; and that's what you tell yourself as your cleaning up the "chaos" too right! :exactly:

The garage is the first place I check too! If molly is missing; that's where she is and you can bet she is causing chaos too!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He got into the garage again! I went home at lunch, opened the big garage door and there in the middle was my Beagle. I turned off the truck and ran into the garage to catch him before he ran away. Needless to say we have to get the door fixed.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh no! Glad you found him (even though your garage may never be the same again).

We had to replace our side garage door a few years ago because Cassie (lab) found a way to get the door open. We even tried a deadbolt, which did keep her out, but then she started chewing at the door and made a big enough hole to get her fat head through! My brother came over, saw the hole in the bottom of the door and laughed, "Man, you guys have a BIG rat around here." LMAO!

·
Registered
112 Posts
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Sorry, the second time around was just too funny!
I'm glad you found him - I hope he's ok.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Somehow I missed this post earlier! I was going to say poor Caesar but now I think I'll change that to poor Brandy. Caesar found a new playground. At least you know that he wasn't traumatized by his experience last night! :hi:

·
Registered
862 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
Somehow I missed this post earlier! I was going to say poor Caesar but now I think I'll change that to poor Brandy. Caesar found a new playground. At least you know that he wasn't traumatized by his experience last night! :biglaugh: But I'm glad he's okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts