Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the hubby and I decided it was time to give Cole a little freedom while we are not home. You see, Gino and Roscoe share one room (they are not crated) and we have been keeping Cole in his crate. He is still working on potty issues but has gotten better. We let him stay in the t.v. room by himself a few times this past week and all has been great until today....this is what I came home to!

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
im sure it is no consolation,
but you just saved a lot of us from making that stupid mistake.

sorry.

I would tear his blanket....
C.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Oh, we feel your pain - Buzz has eaten so many duvets I've lost count, then he started on our sofa cushions. Don't have any suggestions about what to do to stop it, either...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Had to respond to this - been there, done that altho it was just one sofa and it was almost 2 years after I got it that first, Shiloh B. decidede he didn't like all the skirting around the bottom then later, when Shasta B. was a few months old - she decided to de-stuff one of the over-stuffed arms of same sofa. Eventually I did get rid of it and moved the love seat sleeper to the living room that I had in the guest bedroom. Oh, and that sofa was specially made - the store had the frame/shape that I wanted then I was able to choose the fabric I wanted on it.
I will eventually get a new one however I rarely even use the one I have - hardly ever have visitors.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I know personally how disappointing and frustrating it is to come home to damaged furniture! Gabby literally de-stuffed one of those poofy easy chairs I had and ripped the arm off of one side. I have since become very proficient with a needle and thread, stitchng pillows and dog-blankets back together. Don't feel bad about keeping Cole in the crate. I have since put all of my nice furniture in the front living room where the pups aren't allowed when I'm not home.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Been there too. That is why I have a box full of various sewing needles and nylon thread. I have become very adept at repairing rips and blown seams.

I know this is of no comfort, but it can be fixed.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ouch.

At least it's on the back; once you repair it the repair won't be all that noticable. Could have been a lot worse.

Betcha Cole was having a blast doing it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh no!! How awful those pictures look....

This is exactly why JoJo isn't allowed to roam free for longer than 5 minutes by herself in the morning.
She's pretty good, but I'm so worried she'll just get tempted one day. She grabs the sofa and bites when she's after the cat...and our's is less than a year old, too.

Definitely looks fixable, though. And yes, it's a good thing it's in the back.

How did you handle it when you returned and saw it?

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Oh no!!! Bad, bad beagle! I hope you can put the stuffing back in and sew it.

I keep Molly gated in the kitchen because she would do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Been there, done that. I know that doesn't help. We kept Sadie and Pooh in a large pen (when we weren't home)in a spare bedroom together until they were around 4. I tried a few times before that to leave them free roam of the house. I came home one day to find Sadie tearing up the seat cusion of the living room couch! Ahhhh! But, they do grow out of this. It is a puppy and young dog thing. You really just have to live through it as hard as it is.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally Posted By: tntnjmom How did you handle it when you returned and saw it?
Well I since I did not catch him in the act, and I don't know when the destuffing actually took place, all I could do is stand there with my jaw on the floor in shock as Cole came running toward me, so happy to see me and trying to give me kisses! I did talk to him (as if he actually understood) and told him he was a bad boy for doing that but there wasn't much I could do at that point as he would not have made the connection.

He was put back in the crate today and he was crying so mournfully when I left I almost started crying! Silly, I know!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And yes, I am thankful for small favors. At least the damage can be repaired without being totally noticeable!

Honestly, I think I was more disappointed than mad if that makes sense.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Bad Beagle, Cole! It can be repaired and shouldn't be too obvious. Find a nice throw that matches your living room to throw over that corner. And I totally understand the disappointed and not mad emotion. I've been there myself.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I feel for you. Our first two beagles did a lot of damage, but we forgave them. Good luck with the repairs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts