Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other morning, Matt and I were upstairs and I realized the dogs were downstairs and things were too quiet. Usually that means someone is getting into some kind of mischief (like, where are the pecan pie bars I left on the kitchen table???). So I came downstairs and this is what I found:

And this is my girl Jewelie enjoying the sunshine - she is still with us, going on 3 weeks now. Happy as a little clam spending her days rough-housing with her brother!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Awww--what adorable pictures!! That shot of Jewelie at the window is very much like one BeagsMom posted of Lady Meg--in fact it was in the calendar last year, I think. You gals should compare pics!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Too cute. I love how they are lying next to each other in almost the same pose on the back of the sofa. It's like they were posing for mom. :heart:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Oh, my gosh!!! Love your pix :heart: . The way they are lying on the back of the sofa is just too cute for words. And Jewelie still looks very puppy-ish in spite of the white on her face. She is adorable!!! I, too, hope she will remain with you for good.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Awwww, how sweet and cute! Love both shots. Love the inocent look on the back of the sofa. And, Jewlie is beautiful! Why wouldn't you keep her? What am I missing?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi KSycamore - Jewelie belongs to the family of a co-worker. His wife recently decided she doesn't want dogs anymore (they have two) because it's too hectic with 4 kids and the dogs are too much work. I know, not cool. Anyways, because Jewelie is a beagle, my colleague started asking me if I wanted another. We had a couple of trial weekends that went well, but my husband was really not sure he wanted two. My co-worker was at me almost daily for two months asking if we had made a decision.

Finally, I convinced hubby and said yes. Suddenly the brakes went on and they didn't want to tell the kids. So they procrastinated until Christmas and I got her on the 22nd of December. She's with us now, but co-worker and wife still have not told the children...they want to see if they miss her!!

Meanwhile she has settled in and is learning our way of doing things (i.e. being trained as she has some behavioural issues). I do NOT want her going back for numerous reasons not the least of which is setting her back in her training. I am fairly sure, since after almost 3 weeks noone has kicked up a fuss, that she is here to stay.

It's frustrating, but I would go through worse to have this sweet girl. I'm sure it will be worked out soon and she will be ours.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Katie:
but co-worker and wife still have not told the children....
Katie: I wonder what they have told the children -- obviously they have realized Jewelie is not in their home! I really do hope she is yours to keep -- it sounds and looks like there has been a lot of bonding already.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
As usual, I LOVE the Buckley-Jewelie updates and photos!! I'm hoping this is a permanent happily-ever-after-ending, uh....I mean BEGINNING for your family :thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Everyone knows two beagles are better than one. Hubby says they are like chocolate chip cookies that way. They keep each other company and that means each one of you will have a dog to snuggle. She looks like a keeper to me. She is so beautiful. I truly hope (for her sake) that she gets to stay where she is really appreciated. (fingers and paws crossed)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts