Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jersey has been on her anxiety meds for almost a week now. It seems they might be working. Today, Mike went out to Blockbuster and she only got a little upset when he left. Nothing at all like before. I hate giving her this medication (it's essentially Prozac), but I feel better about it now that there seems to be an improvement. Let's hope it continues! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been over a week now and while the medication seems to be helping her anxiety, some other side effects are starting to surface. Her appetite is definitely off. She's only eating one meal a day. Plus, she's been very tired. She's sleeping a lot and just isn't her active self. She'll play if we initiate it, but otherwise she just wants to sleep. I'm hoping that as she adjusts to the meds, the side effects will taper off. It's just wait and see.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jen -- Maggie does sleep much more soundly at night since she started the Prozac -- she has always slept a lot during the day. If Jersey doesn't adjust, you might want to talk to your vet about cutting back on the dose a little bit. It is a balancing act -- giving just enough to help with the anxiety and not too much so there are side effects.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Judy, Mike and I were talking and we plan on giving her until Monday. That will be just about two weeks. If her appetite doesn't improve by then I'll be calling the vet to talk about adjusting her dosage. She's on 16 mg/day right now. I'd like to cut that back to 8 if possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts