Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 2:25am and as I got in bed, I realized something..... I need a new, bigger bed!! Just to get in I have to crawl over one, slide one over and move one farther down on the bed. :rolleyes:
Maybe I should sleep on the couch for a while?
My mom found us like this and now knows why Im always so tired, I never get good sleep in my bed!....Spoiled pups :animal18:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I only have one and I feel your pain. There are days that I'm so stiff from the way I slept trying to make sure Jersey isn't inconvenienced. Jersey gets mad if I make her move too much though. I get the big Beagle sigh and a dirty look as she jumps to the floor and goes in her crate.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh I know exactly how you feel. The times I have got up with backache having had the hounds next to me. It's the way they like to push up against you that makes it so uncomfortable.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You either need a bigger bed, or you could get the dogs beds of their own. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif There was a time in my life when there were 3 dogs, my husband, and me in a queen-sized bed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif The lack of space finally drove us to getting dog beds. Believe it or not, it took very little time for the dogs to adapt to the new sleeping arrangements.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sandyj - How did you get them use to their dog beds??? I finally have Badger to the point where he sleeps on the end of my bed! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Yahoo...but not his own doggie bed!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's not to hard if you use treats with the "go to your bed" command. They will still try to get in with you in the night, and for a while you will have to wake up and send them back to their bed, but eventually they get the message. Trust me, Buckley slept with me for 4 years until Jewelie came along. She is crate trained, so I decided at that point to have him sleep in his bed, just to be fair. He's very good about it, unless hubby sleeps in the other room, which he sometimes does if he's not sleeping well....then Buckley sneaks up onto hubby's side of the bed and sleeps there without me knowing it!! Smart puppy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our two have beds on the floor next to our bed. They go into their beds as soon as we go up to bed, but in the early hours they join us on our bed.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I tried to have Caesar sleep in our bed but he insists on chasing the cat out of the bedroom. So he stays downstairs for the night. We have a king-size bed but Shane still doesn't have any room. I'm a bedhog, I sleep in the centre of the bed snuggled up to Shane and Sox is snuggled up to him on the other side so he can't move at all! I can only imagine what it would be like when Caesar eventually joins us.

·
Registered
344 Posts
When it use to be just Gracie and me, I use to let her sleep with me... however now she sleeps on her own bed... it was easy with her... just a no and go to bed. Katie and Wednesday still sleep in their crate, I just can't trust them all night..

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It was easy for us, too. For a few nights, the dogs tried getting in our bed, but we'd give them a firm, "No," and put them back in their beds. Didn't take long at all. :angel:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Without the soft little snores in my ear and the dream kicks in my shins, I'm not sure I even could sleep at night. I have 4 in the bed and since hubby and I separated I am getting the best sleep I have ever had. I guess we know who the culprit is now don't we.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Almost every night I have a different story about waking up to the beagle nose or butt, but to me its comforting (the butt not so much, hehehe). I for one am all about sharing my bed with Fin and he knows it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts