Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had Hunter for four and a half years and Casey for one and a half. You would think this would make me somewhat knowledgeable about beagle ways. Especially my beagles right? wrong. I was preparing some lunch yesterday, and was eating in the living room. I had forgotten something in the kitchen and went to get it, not thinking. I returned to the living room and there was Casey back feet on the couch, front feet on the coffee table, and a face full of salsa!! She looked at me as if to say"what were you going to eat that?" Hunter was just looking at me like "I told her not to do that" Needless to say I wish I could have gotten a picture of her with salsa all over her face. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I guess I have to work on the "leave it" command, or not leave a room with 2 beagles and food. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I know how you feel! I left bacon on the dining table, but pushed it towards the middle of the table thinking Abby wouldn't be able to fish it off the edge if she jumped up. I went back to the kitchen for just a moment...by the time I came back Abby was stanind smack dab in the table eating bacon off the plate. :greendevil:

From then on I ALWAYS take food with me if I get up, keep an eye on the table or crate Abby if it's meat of some kind :lol2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn't think that Brie would try to get on our coffee table at 5 months old. Boy was I wrong! We have the type of table that has cushions on each side. I had a glass of decaffeinated ice tea on the table and left the room, only to return to see her with her nose in the glass, slurping the tea :eyes: . She immediately layed down on one of the cushions, looking very pleased with herself. I would have corrected her if I hadn't been laughing so hard /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Lora&Tippi...and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
555 Posts
My brother has a bad habit of puting his drinks on the floor next to where he is seated. Of course if Emma is there she will walk right over & have a taste. Then the brother gets mad at me. I have told him a million times to keep his food off of the floor when Emma is around, but is a lost cause.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Beagles seem to think that if its within their reach then its fair game /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In our new house the back door is in the kitchen and Caesar would sit by the door to let us know that he needed to go out. That little sneak sat by the door while we were having supper one night and as soon as Shane got up to let him out Caesar ran over to the table, jumped on Shanes chair and proceeded to eat of his plate. We don't fall for his little trick anymore.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Thanks for the warnings!

My dad's big dog, Pokey, was an incourragable theif. She ate half my birthday cake once while it was cooling, snitched from plates, and even stole things out of our hands! Her favorite was submarine sandwiches. Once she stole a whole sandwich right out of my sister's boyfriend's hands! (smart dog there. the guy was a jerk)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts