Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buddy chewed through the first crate/kennel we got him, so we knew we needed to find something. We built a small room in our basement for Buddy. My husband and I fought over what kind of door. I wanted a metal screen door with a window and he wanted a wood door. I won. Buddy lost.....he broke though two glass windows (he never got hurt or even cut - THANK GOD)....so now it is boarded up. We are pretty sure it is escape proof. Before this house we gated him in the kitchen. We only had one doorway to block off and a baby gate was useless. We got a four foot high MDF board (which is heavy) and locked that to two boards we drilled into the wall. So those got locked into place outside of the room so he couldn't chew or scratch at them. Then we put a baby gate over it (so it was six foot high). We had to put plexiglass over the gate so he couldn't chew it or pull it down. Beagles are amazing at escaping. I really like the pen made out of the fencing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.