Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! I have great news, Charlie, my wonderful husband, is driving me to Jacksonville to pick up Miggy tomorrow. He is driving me because I am driving him nuts. We are going to take the backroads and make a long day of it enjoying the trip. I am so excited I can't sit still! But here is my question. Our cats are indoor cats but they love to go out on our screened porch. After many years of no fleas about 2 years ago they got them and they got them so fast they got into our carpets. We have had them on Advantage ever since and no fleas. Advantage says it can be used on puppies over 7 weeks. Do any of you use it? Could it hurt Miggy? If you don't use it what do you use? Also I'm looking at heartworm prevention. I've heard of Heartgard but I'm looking at Revolution and I see it says for fleas too. Any info on that out there? I'm going to set up the crate now and I'll check back later. Thanks for your help in advance :wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use K9Advantix on my dogs because we saw some ticks a couple of years ago, and it kills both fleas and ticks. Up until that point, I'd used Advantage with absolutely no ill effects.

For heartworm prevention, I use Interceptor since it takes care of round worms and hook worms, too. Once again, there have never been any ill effects.

My granddaughter has two pups who get treated with Revolution, and have since they were about 10 weeks old. She's pleased with its effectiveness, and the pups haven't had any problems with it.

Hope all this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
At you Frontline is on sale? In my opinion, this very good means. It is the French preparation, approaches for dogs and cats. It is possible to use on animals 2 days from a birth!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We use Frontline. There are various dosages, so ask your vet for the correct one for your pup. Good luck, you are in for loads of fun!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use a product called Sentinel. It's flea and worm (Heart, hook, round) protection all in one. I know it's available in different dosages and I started Jersey on it at a young age.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
I use a product called Sentinel. It's flea and worm (Heart, hook, round) protection all in one. I know it's available in different dosages and I started Jersey on it at a young age.
We use Sentinel as well - and it seems to work really well. There are some worms it doesn't protect from (Moosie managed to get some other kind) but it does protect from most of them and seems very effective with fleas to. And I just realized when writing this that I forgot to give the hounds their pills at the beginning of March - oops. I'll do that tonight for sure!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks :wave: to all of you for your kind advice. My cats are on advantage because it is the least expensive and with 4 cats it gets up there. It seems to work well enough but I may try the Revolution and kill 2 birds or worms with one stone. He is scratching some but I think he is just not used to his collar. We will be getting him a harness tonight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We ended up trying Advantage plus, a new med that also adds heartworm and other worms to the flea med. Our vet gave us a sample and it seems to be working. I'll let you know at the end of the month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.