Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson, Tony, is 22 and just moved into a house with a big fenced yard and a dog run. He'd always loved my Romeo and said he wanted him when he had a place to keep him. Friday night he came over to get Roms. I KNOW it's a good move for Romeo - but he's 7 years old and he's been MY boy since he was 8 weeks old - Tony adores him - and vice versa, but gosh I miss him. HOW can I miss ONE dog when I have 9 others here? I KNOW that he'll have a great home with two humans to love him and he won't have to share me with 9 other dogs - but.....his "mommy" misses him!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He just moved back to this area after being away at school. He's now living in Moscow Idaho and is enrolled at University of Idaho there. He's MUCH closer now than he was when he was going to school in Walla Walla - he's about 25 miles from me now. I'll be able to see him - probably not often with our schedules - but I know he'll have a great home with Tony. Tony and his girlfriend took him with them to the Renaissance Fair on Saturday - with my pack it's hard for me to get just ONE out to do anything.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Awww...that is sad Glenda. I'm sure Romeo will be happy with your grandson. He's still in the family though. It's got to be hard to let Romeo go when you've been his mommy for so long.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yep, sad and happy at the same time... I'm sure he is happy with Tony.

I wonder how the rest of the pack is? Think they miss him much?

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif Oh Glenda - I am so sorry that this happened but now Roms is gonna get more attention and even more spoiled - he probably misses you too though. I can't remember where Tony lives - is he close enuf that you could visit sometime? That was such a great thing you did, both for Roms and Tony.

I think we have talked about how much my Shiloh looks like Roms but I keep forgetting - they almost look like they even have the same marking on their face and have almost the same black "saddle"-

They both have that Beagle 'tude down pat-

I just saw your answer about where Tony is - that is good so at least you can visit at times.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Awwww, Glenda, I can only imagine how you must feel giving up one of your furkids...bittersweet for sure. I'm sure you're going to miss Romeo for quite a while, but try and take comfort knowing that Tony will give him a good home. Do your other nine furkids notice he's gone yet?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Do you know how Romeo is doing? I can understand how hard it is to give him up even with all the others you have. Every one is special and unique. At least you know he is safe and happy and great company for your grandson. Hopefully, you will get a few visits and some chances to dogsit.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't heard from Tony since I talked to him on Saturday. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif Roms was doing fine - and I'm sure he'd call me if there were any problems. I would have NEVER given him up to anyone else - Tony lived with us for a while - plus when I've been sick or had to go someplace Tony always stayed here to take care of the pack. Tony has always adored Romeo - and vice versa - so I know he's got a great home.
I think the others do miss him - Tanna especially -because their crates were next to each other in the front hall. I moved Tanna's crate out of the hall yesterday and put it next to the "little girls" so he's not "alone". Will probably have to make different arrangements if the little girls are in heat - otherwise he'll go crazy! Tanna was not a "house dog" until he came to me - and he has some rather bad habits - so when he can't be supervised - or when I'm not home, he is crated. otherwise EVERYTHING in the house belongs to Tanna - 'cause he MARKS it all! He's good about letting me know when he wants to go out - but if he's loose in the house he pees on EVERYTHING - curtains, drapes, furniture, vacuum cleaner, you name it, it is marked. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts