Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was bored and decided to make Zelda a toy. She tears apart any toy in seconds... and I even spent 20 bucks on this one toy that was apparently battle tested and for the strongest chewers ever... which she got into in under a minute. (thank God for Petsmart return policy). She even bites off pieces of black kong, but doesnt even like playing with them in the first place.

So, I'm hoping this thing i made for her will last at least a day

It's 100% cotton, but it reminds me of the fabric you'd use to make a boy scout or safari type of outfit... it's a bit thicker/stronger than normal cotton fabric. So I used three layers of it on each side and the stitching around the edges will be done over and over and over.... it's at about 4 rounds of stitching. Since I don't get to see her every single day, I still have time to add a few more extra stitches.
Complete with squeeker, too (obviously)... and the picture makes it seem about as big as my head, but it's really just the size of my hand.

WISH ME LUCK!!! hahahahhaa

ps - I've added random puppy pictures of her that I found for some added fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Perhaps the toy made with love will last the longest! I bought my late Ginger and Bailey these two stuffed fish almost two years ago. She and Bailey de-stuffed every toy in the house... except for BOTH of those fish! When Gabby got a hold of them, though, they were de-stuffed in a week! I guess it is possible for dogs to be sentimental with thier toys??? That second picture of Zelda almost overloads the cuteness scale!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you use one layer of denim??

I also bought some denim fabric, but haven't used it yet

I'll probably add as many layers as my needle can handle ahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.