Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, so a few weeks ago my mom had a hysterectomy, she is doing well, but not 100% yet, Suzy cuddles with her every chance she gets! Mom is usually cold, so suzy has her trained, she puts the tip of her cold nose under the blanket and makes sure she touches her skin (like saying, do you feel how cold I am?!) mom lifts it, they will cuddle for HOURS! No potty breaks or anything, its like suzy knows that grandma isnt her normal self. Last year, mom was there when Suzys guardian was getting rid of her and didnt know what to do. I wasnt into getting an older dog (2y/o) but i guess someone up above had other plans. Mom said lets take her because she knows theres something I adore about these guys. Looking back, suzy is repaying her, letting mom know she made a good decision by being by her side.
This is what I come home to witness! Another love session in progress, you can tell it just began because suzy is still above the blanket. :hi:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Awww...how awesome! I just love cuddling Snoopy, he seems the happiest then, and so am I!!

Best wishes to your mother as well.

Amanda

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Beagles are good medicine! Hope your mum is better soon. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a good girl Suzy is. She knows that grandma isn't feeling well and needs some extra loving. Whenever I'm not feeling well or having a bad day, Jersey is there to comfort me. Aren't Beagles awesome? :heart:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think they really do know when someone in their family is sick or injured. The first year we got Buckley, I had major surgery on my foot. I was pretty much confined to bed/couch for a month with my foot in a cast. Buckley lay on the sofabed with me all day, every day and snuggled. He would play gently with me, and when I would get up to go to the bathroom, he would follow me, never getting in the way of the crutches, and sit and wait for me to come out again. Since I was alone most of the day, he was a true blessing!

He is the same with my mother-in-law, who has a chronic lung disease. When he visits, he follows her everywhere, always gentle, waits for her to catch up to him on the stairs. :heart: :heart:

They are so precious, aren't they??

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Love my beag eh! Goober has been a very lovable beagle...& has been his entire life! He is the first beag that our family has known his birthday!
Duke was Pop's "first chosen beag" & the rest is history! And if you want to go back further in time....Well it was a female beagle named Daisey that fed my relatives in hard-times with her hunting prowess! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts