Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I am feeling so trapped in by the boys. I had to go to an appointment this morning --- okay so that was 90 minutes, I have about 90 more minutes until pee time is into overtime. I run a couple of errands, come home, and they won't go out. They are too excited to see each other...one is kenneled and the other is free to roam the downstairs. But the free lad, has tipped over laundry, I think, pee'd on the clean laundry, walked across the table even though I cocked the chairs so he couldn't climb on them.
I am totally amazed the frig door wasn't open and he'd helped himself to a meal. But it wasn't.
180 minutes, three hours, and OMG! I have to start all over now, with laundry, picking up, and whatever else I find.

I do love my boys, I do love my boys, but days like today,
I just need a calgon treatment from the dogs. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry for your rough day!!!
I just finished a book that changed the way i think about dogs.
it is called 'Merle's door'.
pretty new release i think. about a guy who pics up a stray dog kinda out in the woods. and then the story goes on about the life of this dog, the author keeps citing research througout the book that helps him understand what his dog is doing, but it is not a 'slow' book by any means.
and NOTHING like marley and me. at least not in my opinion.
this book has some serious value in understanding dog behavior.

oh, another thing, you can always pee on your dogs clothes!
see how they like it!!!!!
na! na! na!

when bonnie was young (3 or 4 months) she jumped up on the bed (with wife and me in it) and when i started feeling warm i realized she was peeing!!! OMG!!!
i jumped up, and without thinking much i grabbed her, and dropped her to the floor (from the bed, what 2 feet?) and then there was a roll of paper towels within arms reach so i grabbed them and started tearing them off and wiping, and dropping them on the floor too. (not thinking that bonnie was down there)
Wife helping also, i finally calmed down a sec and realized i was dropping the dirty papertowels on bonnie!! who was sitting there MORTIFIED. That was the first time i realized just how emotional dogs are. If dogs could cry tears i know she would have been balling. i picked the papertowels off of her and she slinked away and curled up by the door. i cant remember if she even tried to get back into the bed, and it was 3 or 4 days before she even STARTED to act normal. BUT she NEVER peed on the bed again. Maybe she was at one of those developmental stages?
who knows, but understanding how dogs think is way easier than trying to get them to understand how we think. i think.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I understand what you're saying Cathy. My dogs stay outside when I'm gone since we have a fenced yard for them, and there're no peeing problems. However, with the 4 of them, and the kitty, it seems that someone is always needing something. Some days it seems I can hardly take a breather. They are much loved, too, but that doesn't mean they can't be a bit overwhelming at times.

·
Registered
350 Posts
OK i had an idea.
since it is rough at times,
i am going to start a thread on Friday Funny Fotos.
so at the end of a trying week we can have some fun looking at silly dog pics.
C.
look for thread, and add to it!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
There are days when I just want to walk away from my brood. And I do. Its very rare that I feel like this but when I do i say to Brett you look after them I'm off. I take myself off for a calming massage, a nice coffee and maybe a slice of cake. When I get back maybe an hour later I feel like a new person.

Some days I could strangle JoJo but then she gives me that face. You all know the face I mean. And I melt. I'm way to soft.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Oh yes, know this feeling well - and yep, it does come with owning a dog or two or .... I just kinda figure it's inevitable - that there will be days like that.
Like when I was cleaning a mess on the kitchen floor and I forgot to put the roll of paper towels bak on the counter. A few minutes later I start walking into go the living room and what do I see - a trail of the paper towels ending with the roll practically empty and what is left is all chewed up. Or the night I made the bed with clean sheets and bedspread - fresh from the laundry room. When I start getting in bed I begin to smell something that told me I didn't want to do that - yep, for some reason, Shasta decided the freshly made bed needed christening and peed on it (and we all slept on the couch that nite). For some reason lately, Shiloh has taken to be the unofficial kitchen table cleaner - no, there's no food on there so I don't know what he is trying to get. Or when I am cleaning out Shiloh's ears - Shasta comes along and steals one of the DIRTY cottonballs (NEVER a clean one) so then I get to fish it out of her mouth. They are alot like toddlers I guess - what one doesn't get into the other will.

Bak to work........

·
Registered
511 Posts
I sure know what you mean. I love Murphy, but there are times when he drives me crazy. Especially when I have a deadline that I need to meet and he decides he wants to play, or demands attention by getting into trouble.

Sometimes when my wife gets home I ask her to babysit for a while and I go out to the shop just to get some quiet time. Then, after a short time, I realize I miss my little buddy (and my wife too!). Then I go back in and get kisses from both!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have all made me laugh and cry! Thanks so much. They are my life, and that's all t here is to it. I have decided that despite not wanting them to be alone, even my kids had a babysitter at times. Yesterday, Dad spent the day with them. What an eye opener for him. He's never been with them for the whole day, from morning outside to night time go to bed...I think now, I can go for that walk without the leash in my hand, or go for coffee or whatever, and know that they'll be there with great big kisses when I get back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts