Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chamois was spayed the day before we brought her home from the shelter so we haven't been able to bathe her. She was found on the side of the road already dirty and then spent a week in the shelter so she has been a little stinky and greasy since we got her. Yesterday was the 6th day since her spay and I decided it was bath day! She was actually very cooperative and Squeegee stayed in the bathroom watching her the whole time... until it was his turn
. Anyway, it has been so nice to find out how soft she is and to be able to kiss her and rub your face in her fur.

She is a little bit calmer, in general, than Squeegee and she was very surprised and confused when he zoomied around the house after his bath. Haha. I think she was glad when he finally settled down.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yay for clean doggies! As much as I love ours, I'm not too big on the whole dog smell. I bet she felt great!

I just got some shampoo today and am going to attempt to bathe JoJo for the first time, (we'd been taking her to a groomer). I fully anticipate a bathtime zoomie!

How often do you bathe your dogs?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Aww! A calm dog is definitely something useful to have during bath time. And a clean dog is so huggable... until the dog wants to run around outside and roll in the grass or dirt or something that hasn't been swept in a while. But while it lasts, it's so much fun!

Spock has come to love bath time. He hops in the tub on command and puts up with my scrubbing just so he can get to the part where I dry him off. He fights the towel and kind of barks at me in play mode. Bones is unhappy, but stoic. And of course, they both get the post-bath zoomies.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yay for clean doogies. I wish mine was more willing to be bathe
He always knows when it's bath whenever I mention to him that he is stinky...he gives me a look of fear
I usually bathe him every other week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm going to be bathing Oreo myself for the first time soon as well. I've just been taking him to Petsmart but I want to do it myself now.

Does anyone else have any special shower attachments they use if bathing indoors?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Awww, what a good girl, nice and clean now. You want to come and give mine baths? ha ha

I used to have my mother in law come over when I bathed the dogs when they were young. Hubbie worked weekends and I am off and those were the times I could bathe the doggies. I would get my mother in law to baby sit one while I bathed the other. Without a helper, the one not being bathed would get into things, like chew things, tear up things, etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mmmmm clean dog's. My JoJo isnt that fond of her bath but her and Jesie LOVE zoomie time afterwards!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bathe mine about once or twice a month. They seem to get dandruff if we do it too often. We use a removable shower head which makes things very convenient.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I love how soft their fur is after a bath. Mine get bathes only when they have rolled in something or our 3 yr old has poured dirt over them while playing outside
Their skin gets to dry if I do it more.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just gave JoJo her first home bath. She was timid, but not unruly. I wish I had a shower extender to get underneath.

She did have a post-bath zoomie, but it wasn't as crazed as some of her others.

I love clean doggies, too!

·
Registered
127 Posts
In the winter I seldom bathe Snoopy. She seldom rolls in stuff during the winter (I guess frozen bunny poo isn't as much fun). Anyway, she prefers to eat the poopsicles than roll in them.

Summer is a whole different story. She gets a bath about once a month unless she finds beagle heaven in the back yard. Then look out. I do use the doggie wipes on occasion just to freshen her up. They work ok. I just don't like to bathe her too often because I don't want to dry her skin out. I do use a spray cologne after her bath. I got it from a groomer. The smell is nice and lasts about a week. It also adds a nice shine to her coat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I love that smell too, nice clean doggies. And the spin dry cycle of running and rolling around the house, is pretty cool, too. It's the getting outside and rolling in the grass after a bath, that drives me crazy. I got some very mild and very good smelling conditioner for their skin in the winter time. Now I use it year round...and it's great for that dry skin....even helps with the hot spots and fur loss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts