Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm not sure how often I'll post yet. I'm very much a <span style="font-style: italic">dog</span> person, not a Beagle person in particular (though I do tend to swoon over hounds and hound mixes disproportionately :D). What that means is I'm just as much of a nerd for my mixed girly as I am for my Beagle.

My dogs are both rescues, as were the dogs of my youth. I actually just said goodbye to my first dog ever (a Lab/Hound mix Mom took in when I was 11) last month. He was 15.

Now I live with a 2-year-old Australian Cattle Dog mix, Zoe. I adopted her as a puppy and she's pretty much the love of my life.

Zoe and I moved from Madison, WI to rural Indiana in July. In Madison, Zoe had neighborhood friends and dog parks. I'm someone who feels strongly that most dogs benefit greatly from playing and spending time with other dogs. Veeeery important! I immediately started volunteering at the local shelter in my new town. I didn't admit it at the time, but I was looking for a friend for Zoe.
For all of two weeks, I walked dogs and imagined each one in my home. The truth is, there are very few dogs I wouldn't want to live with. I was looking for the perfect dog for <span style="font-style: italic">Zoe</span>. :p

Not long after I started volunteering, I met a young Beagle mix called Buttons. She seemed like a good match for my Zoe, so I asked if I could foster her. The dogs hit it off, so we made it permanent. She's about a year old, and her name is now Annie.
She's clownish, like a bull in a china shop. I love her a lot.

I do wonder why she was labeled a mix though (I know I can't know for certain, and I'd have adopted her regardless of her parentage), as I don't see anything blatantly unBeaglelike about her. To me, she looks like a red and white Beagle, and oh my goodness does she bay! The only quirk I see is that she only has red spots on the front half of her body (though she does have a lot more more than the photo would have you believe). The back half is all white. If anyone can tell me what might cause that genetically, the science nerd in me would be extremely interested!

Mostly I'm here because I tend to crush on dogs who remind me of my own dogs. My old boy C.D. taught me to swoon over big, black Labradors. Corgis always remind me of my other childhood dog, Love (an adorably fuzzy, short-legged little mixed breed). I never fancied myself an ACD person, but since adopting Zoe, I find them absolutely beautiful! Now I have a Beagle, so of course I want to swoon over other Beagles too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

Annie is adorable!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi there and welcome to you, Zoe and Annie. I am no Beagle expert, but Annie looks Beagle to me! I have Penny (Beagle) and Tuppence (Corgi), the combination is a match made in heaven. Of course, Tuppence Corgi is the boss! It was wonderful reading your story, hope to see more pics of both of your babies soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Annie is a cutie! I think you will enjoy this site. Everyone seems to be very nice and helpful. Wish you lived in Maryland would love to set up a play date . Happy new Year to Zoe, Annie and you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

My dogs would looove a playdate!

Just for kicks, here's my nonBeagle Zoe in a t-shirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome! Zoe will just have to be your honorary beagle
She and Annie are adorable!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Zoe is very cute!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the three of you! Such cute little girls! Annie looks beagle to me as well, kind of different coloring than i've ever seen though, but it makes her original!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.